6/26 Fire Tony La Russa Into The Sun Gamethread (1:10PM CT, NBCSC)

Tnetennba

Just to make one positive post in this truly miserable thread so far:

Oscar Colas in June 94 PA: .379 .415 .563 .978

Colson Montgomery June 84 PA : .403 .476 .522 .955 He also got promoted to Winston-Salem (A+) . In his 1st 2 games he went 4/9 with a HR.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Colson Montgomery June 84 PA : .403 .476 .522 .955 He also got promoted to Winston-Salem (A+) . In his 1st 2 games he went 4/9 with a HR.

Help, in the form of savagery, is on its way.

Just not this year, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Honestly, getting swept by a bad team sucks, but look at all the pitching matchups.  We should have won three of four minimum.  This offense sucks a giant you know what right now and a lack of talent only explains part of it.  

We don’t have a single player with 10 HRs right now and it’s June 26th.  Only two other teams don’t have a player with 10 HRs in the Tigers & A’s, who are two of the worst six teams in all of baseball.  How is that fucking possible?  

We have gone from 3rd to 19th to 26th in total HRs in the three seasons under Menechino despite most of the same talent.  Yes, injuries have played a part here, but when the entire team has seen a massive reduction in power in such a short period of time and significant increase in groundball rate it’s very clear this goes beyond pure talent and is at least somewhat approach related.

There are so many people responsible for this shit show, but the reality is there one non player who is an easy sacrifice and that’s Menechino.  I’m sure he’s a great guy who works hard, but whatever he’s doing is not working and it’s time to see if someone else can get through to these guys.  How much of an impact it would make remains to be seen, but the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over and expecting a different result and right now that’s exactly what we’re doing by retaining Menechino as hitting coach.

Amen.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Help, in the form of savagery, is on its way.

Just not this year, unfortunately.

Colas should be promoted to AA soon. He put a miserable May behind him and is just raking now. Time for him to be promoted to Birmingham. He'd do well there considering he doesn't appear to be just a basher. He likes to spray the ball around. That would play well in Birmingham. He's also been playing CF .

13 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Colas should be promoted to AA soon. He put a miserable May behind him and is just raking now. Time for him to be promoted to Birmingham. He'd do well there considering he doesn't appear to be just a basher. He likes to spray the ball around. That would play well in Birmingham. He's also been playing CF .

Call him straight up to the MLB IMO. This team needs talant ASAP. 

44 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Wait till they are traded to salvage this season.  Thats next.  

3 hours ago, ptatc said:

I know everything is TLRs fault, but is there any explanation for why the team is so bad at home? They have a winning record on the road but are awful at home. It is really weird..

Lack of home runs in our home run friendly park., while the opposition is out homering us.  We have a minus  60+ run differential at home.  Our lineup has not taken advantage of our park advantage.  It is hard to hit homers with ground balls.

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Lack of home runs in our home run friendly park., while the opposition is out homering us.  We have a minus  60+ run differential at home.  Our lineup has not taken advantage of our park advantage.  It is hard to hit homers with ground balls.

Makes sense. 

8 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Put Vaugn in LF and DH Pollock

I'm so sick of mandated days off

Halsey is under the weather GMAGB send him th Charlotte.

So is Garcia still hurt yet HAD to play last 3 days.

Drunken manager is only explanation for this stupidity. 

Is TLR pulling names out of a hat to decide who plays, with Leury’s name replicated several times?

13 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

The more losses in a row, the more of an opportunity we will have to get rid of La Russa sooner. Root for losses.

This is where I'm at, and it sucks to feel this way.  I don't even know if the losses will be enough to shit can the old man mid-season but the pressure to do so will be far more relentless, and national, than it is now.  

The worst part?  The day Nightengale floated TLR as a possibility as our manager, something most of us just laughed at, I think we all knew it was not only possible but would ruin our competitive window.  There was ZERO justification, from a baseball operations perspective, to bring that man out of retirement to manage a young, exciting core.  None.  One of the most astonishingly bad managerial moves I've seen ANY team make and, of course, it just had to be my team, the damned White Sox.  

I think the entire organization, from the players to the vendors to marketing to the accountants, are angry.  The atmosphere in that clubhouse and in the halls and recesses of GRF cannot be anything but toxic.  Toxically toxic.  Even Steve Stone, as he admonishes the fan base, knows baseball too damn well to truly believe the BS he puts out publicly on Twitter.  Or think of Len Casper, a guy who left the Cubs to come to the southside SOLELY to have the opportunity to announce a World Series on the radio.  Wonder how he's feeling about TLR?

• Like 1