These are not the Chicago White Sox

Texsox

17 hours ago, Lillian said:

I've been a Sox fan since the mid 1950's, all the way back to the days of Chico Carrasquel. All of this pessimism, and the dysfunctionality which is driving it, is causing me to wonder if I should continue to root for this franchise. I don't live in Chicago, not even close by, however I'm not sure how I would actually go about rooting for a new team. Anyone care to suggest a particular franchise and what one might find so appealing about it? I wouldn't simply want to root for a winning team, certainly not the "Damn Yankees". I like the way Tampa has run their franchise, so perhaps they could win my allegiance, in time. I'd love to hear suggestions.

I've been a fan since maybe 79 or 80. Waayy long before I knew I was mixed race and lived in Elgin. I remember I was probably 4 and watching and remember the booter. Remember having the blue and white uniform Pjs. I couldn't root for anybody else. I would probably just stop watching. Where I am now could root for the Pirates about 4 hrs away. The guardians about 4 and a half or either NY team 6.5 hours away. Blah

Doesn't this team remind people of 2004?

image.png

Second place. On paper...a great line-up.

Flashes of dominance. Seeds of great young pitching...

But they never were consistent. Never on the same page as a team

Look at who we had the balls then to say goodbye to in the off-season

Mags, Carlos Lee, Valentin...etc

Next year...well was history.

I am not saying we are on the cusp of 2005. But maybe we need to lose some fat. Get the players we actually need and manager with a plan everyone agrees with and will play hard for...

We are not a bad team. We just play bad.

9 minutes ago, RibbieRubarb said:

Doesn't this team remind people of 2004?

image.png

Second place. On paper...a great line-up.

Flashes of dominance. Seeds of great young pitching...

But they never were consistent. Never on the same page as a team

Look at who we had the balls then to say goodbye to in the off-season

Mags, Carlos Lee, Valentin...etc

Next year...well was history.

I am not saying we are on the cusp of 2005. But maybe we need to lose some fat. Get the players we actually need and manager with a plan everyone agrees with and will play hard for...

We are not a bad team. We just play bad.

I was going to say 1984.

• Like 1

White Sox fans are some of the most passionate, intelligent fans in baseball. I think that it's imperative for all of us not to abandon this team, but to make our displeasure with ownership absolutely known. We need to fight back and be loud - to our fellow fans, in the stands, in the media in this city. Unlike Bears fans and Cubs fans, we need to make it known that this ownership is unacceptable. I'm not about to quietly let this owner take this team away from me, or walk away from the team I've loved for 40 years. I intend to be as vocal as I can. I was very patient with this rebuild, but I have completely lost faith. Jerry and this group needs to go. 

On 6/27/2022 at 12:10 PM, Highland said:

Here are the ages of men sitting on the White Sox Board of Directors:

Robert Judelson 83

Judd Malkin 85

Allan Muchin 86

Jay Pinsky 73

Lee Stern 95

Burton Ury 95

Front office man Howard Pizer 82

Don't get me wrong. All of these men have had successful careers. But these ages speak for themselves. It is really hard to expect much from this organization with a situation like this. Change and growth just does not happen. And we cannot expect change in the near future.

Hence why this team needs to be sold to a younger and seriously richer billionaire who would give a damn. We will never have any success as long as Jerry still owns the team or runs it. 

On 6/27/2022 at 12:10 PM, Highland said:

Here are the ages of men sitting on the White Sox Board of Directors:

Robert Judelson 83

Judd Malkin 85

Allan Muchin 86

Jay Pinsky 73

Lee Stern 95

Burton Ury 95

Front office man Howard Pizer 82

Don't get me wrong. All of these men have had successful careers. But these ages speak for themselves. It is really hard to expect much from this organization with a situation like this. Change and growth just does not happen. And we cannot expect change in the near future.

I imagine board meetings looking something like

I may have stated this a while back but I just cant understand how JR got to be so wealthy by NOT insisting on accountability. Or by letting his emotions control his business practices and instincts, meaning he must see how TLR is a liability and does nothing about it. But like many here point out, he doesnt give a rats ass, 

On 6/27/2022 at 11:58 AM, ptatc said:

They all do something. Nobody neglects the workouts. I just wondering what they did.

I am also wondering what they did. The problem is not whether they all did something as far as a workout goes, which they probably all worked out.  The problem is, it doesn't mean their daily routine of working out was the correct workout. I would like to know if they were given a specific routine for the offseason. 

The bottom line is these guys make too much ridiculous money, not to hire top a an expert trainer to help and motivate them to stay in shape and come to spring training in the best possible shape. 

48 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

The bottom line is these guys make too much ridiculous money, not to hire top a an expert trainer to help and motivate them to stay in shape and come to spring training in the best possible shape. 

Ironically, this is the first year Moncada has done exactly that, and it's also the first year he has missed significant (as in more than a few weeks) time

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Ironically, this is the first year Moncada has done exactly that, and it's also the first year he has missed significant (as in more than a few weeks) time

You're right and maybe he chose the wrong trainer. Maybe he should have spent time with his buddy Jose and his trainer in the off season, as Jose seems to work out harder and smarter. 

22 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Looks like the Board of Directors of Jurassic Park.  It is certainly not a 21 st Century Board.  More like a club of JR drinking buddies.

Or investors. 

2 hours ago, The Grinder said:

I may have stated this a while back but I just cant understand how JR got to be so wealthy by NOT insisting on accountability. Or by letting his emotions control his business practices and instincts, meaning he must see how TLR is a liability and does nothing about it. But like many here point out, he doesnt give a rats ass, 

Wealthy and winning records might not be linked. The franchise value had risen without much of winning.

2 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Hence why this team needs to be sold to a younger and seriously richer billionaire who would give a damn. We will never have any success as long as Jerry still owns the team or runs it. 

This will never pan out the way you think it will. No owner is going to spend their own money on the team payroll. It's all relative to the revenues.

2 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I am also wondering what they did. The problem is not whether they all did something as far as a workout goes, which they probably all worked out.  The problem is, it doesn't mean their daily routine of working out was the correct workout. I would like to know if they were given a specific routine for the offseason. 

The top expert trainer may not know anything about baseball. He probably did all of this and is in great physical shape. Problem is it doesn't appear to have been tailored to baseball activities. Probably more just to increase power and mass.

19 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Wealthy and winning records might not be linked. The franchise value had risen without much of winning.

Franchise value and wealth are 2 very different things. You can't spend franchise value until the team is sold.

Franchise value does nothing to help a team win.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ptatc said:

Franchise value and wealth are 2 very different things. You can't spend franchise value until the team is sold.

Franchise value does nothing to help a team win.

Pretty sure you just asserted that the entire financial industry is a figment of someone’s imagination.