6/27 Sox @ Angels: One Win Changes Nothing, Fire Tony La Russa Into The Sun Gamethread (8:38PM CT, NBCSC)

Tnetennba

21 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Guess I need to give it a spin.

Created by the same guys who did Brooklyn Nine Nine, The Office, Parks and Rec, etc.

You may know him better as Ken Tremendous from firejoemorgan.com

• Like 1

Tonight will be my final opinion on Gio. If he pitches well and looks good I’ll be ok with him staying in the rotation. If he shits the bed again, I will not want him around anymore. I don’t quite understand how you can from the worst pitcher in baseball to one of best than back to one of the worst. 

will he turn it around again? Tonight may tell the tale. 

3 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Tonight will be my final opinion on Gio. If he pitches well and looks good I’ll be ok with him staying in the rotation. If he shits the bed again, I will not want him around anymore. I don’t quite understand how you can from the worst pitcher in baseball to one of best than back to one of the worst. 

He could not retire a batter tonight and be in the rotation in five days

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

He could not retire a batter tonight and be in the rotation in five days

I know TLR IS SET IN HIS WAYS, what I was saying was how I feel and what I would do. I know we’re stuck him regardless. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Tonight will be my final opinion on Gio. If he pitches well and looks good I’ll be ok with him staying in the rotation. If he shits the bed again, I will not want him around anymore.

What if he loses tonight, but takes a call from Coop, gets fixed, wins 15 games in a row, and leads the Sox to the playoffs? Still wouldn’t want him around?

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Prob about as good as can do right now. Burger has been brutal since coming back from the hand injury. Wonder if he’s the odd man out tomorrow. 

He could be. I’ll say it for about the 4th or 5th time, he can become a stud someday, send him down and let him get more playing time and at bats every day. When Moncada unfortunately comes back he’s time would get more limited and that’s not good. To get better he needs to play everyday 

2 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

I expect the Sox to lay down in this one. Long trip to the coast after the game yesterday. 

I hear you. 4 hours on a plane? How are they even fielding a team tonight? Hope they hydrated. 

Sosa needs to play second and bat 9th for at least a minimum of 10 more games to see if he can adjust. He may be the future at 3rd and maybe heir apparent to SS in 5 to 6 years when TA slows down or even leaves ass an FA 

3 hours ago, KipWellsFan said:

It's just hard to imagine a team getting their "swag" back when we seem more worried about addressing all of the ouchies.

By no means am I saying I am tougher, I get hurt sitting at my desk somedays... But sheesh...

Got to hope the training staff actually knows how to get these guys healthy and confident enough in their bodies to play confidently.

But I don't see evidence of our ability to do that.

Asking anyone that knows about this. Has the training staff been brought up in any questions from the media to the team?

15 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Then what?

Davis Martin or Lambert?  VV?  Those are your three options...

1 minute ago, flavum said:

I hear you. 4 hours on a plane? How are they even fielding a team tonight? Hope they hydrated. 

I disagree, but I’ve been wrong before, but I’m the eternal optimist, possibly my biggest flaw. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Then what?

Davis Martin or Lambert?  VV?  Those are your three options...

I think Lopez would be a pretty good twice through the order SP if given the opportunity, but obviously giving him Gio's rotation spot wouldn't make sense, lol.