6/27 Sox @ Angels: One Win Changes Nothing, Fire Tony La Russa Into The Sun Gamethread (8:38PM CT, NBCSC)

Tnetennba

5 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Sosa needs to play second and bat 9th for at least a minimum of 10 more games to see if he can adjust. He may be the future at 3rd and maybe heir apparent to SS in 5 to 6 years when TA slows down or even leaves ass an FA 

Or  Montgomery. Just saying 🙂

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I think Lopez would be a pretty good twice through the order SP if given the opportunity, but obviously giving him Gio's rotation spot wouldn't make sense, lol.

Lopez would arguably take 4-6 weeks to ramp up.

He should be used in high leverage situations with Hendriks Graveman Kelly...any of those guys traded to cut payroll and prepare for 2023.

Just now, AJ'S Cousin said:

Montgomery maybe next year. He can’t even get into a bar yet

There's just no way that Montgomery should be playing in Chicago next year unless they really rush him.

Then you're going to play him or Anderson at 2B or 3B?  Trade the best hitter in the AL to open SS?

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

Oh I agree it's years out.  You said 5-6 years though?

He meant Anderson would move off SS at that point in his career...assuming they extended him.

Which is questionable at this point with the overall direction of the franchise right now.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

There's just no way that Montgomery should be playing in Chicago next year unless they really rush him.

Then you're going to play him or Anderson at 2B or 3B?  Trade the best hitter in the AL to open SS?

I don't envision the Angels trading Trout anytime soon.

Just now, Sox80 said:

Oh I agree it's years out.  You said 5-6 years though?

Yes. I agree Montgomery is a natural SS, maybe if Sosa finds a home at second, in 3 or 4 years Sosa stays at 2nd and Montgomery takes SS GOD WILLING 

• Fire 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

He meant Anderson would move off SS at that point in his career...assuming they extended him.

Which is questionable at this point with the overall direction of the franchise right now.

I understood what he said.  If that was 5 years from now and Montgomery sticks at ss why not him?