6/27 Sox @ Angels: One Win Changes Nothing, Fire Tony La Russa Into The Sun Gamethread (8:38PM CT, NBCSC)

Tnetennba

16 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

not giving Carlos Perez a shot when we know Seby is not a major league is just so infuriating to me

Perez has not really been very good down in aaa for while now. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Robert with a .733 OPS is a giant disappointment.  His approach is garbage and yes, his defense sucks now compared to before his major injury.

GB rate is up almost 15% from his first 2 years. Right now it doesn't seem like his legs are strong enough to lift the ball.

His statcast data is still pretty good and shows he's been unlucky, but I wonder how much of that was before whatever leg soreness he's dealing with now

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

GB rate is up almost 15% from his first 2 years. Right now it doesn't seem like his legs are strong enough to lift the ball.

His statcast data is still pretty good and shows he's been unlucky, but I wonder how much of that was before whatever leg soreness he's dealing with now

Yep seems he has no explosion in his swing. I’d rather see him swing hard 3 times every at bat than the garbage swings he takes now.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Robert with a .733 OPS is a giant disappointment.  His approach is garbage and yes, his defense sucks now compared to before his major injury.

Keep wanting to get a lot more from him.   The way he finished 2021, I honestly thought he'd take off playing MVP ball going forward. 

Let's hope this is not another Yoan post 2019. 

• Like 2