6/27 Sox @ Angels: One Win Changes Nothing, Fire Tony La Russa Into The Sun Gamethread (8:38PM CT, NBCSC)

Tnetennba

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Fire Tony.  We ended up with Leury being our last hitter in the 9 th. In a one run game instead of Sheets.  Leury being in as a defensive replacement for Sheets in right field. His defense is not much better than Sheets and cannot take power hitter out of the lineup on a one run game.  Fire Tony.  Enough is enough.  The team is collapsing and needs an urgent radical change.

Leury in the OF with a 1 run lead instead of Sheets was the correct decision.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Pollock freaking sucked tonight.  Totally non-competitive at bats.  Hahn really did wonders to help this team against RHP.

Old enough to remember the FO and Tony selling him as a RF, despite the fact he is 34 and played 6 games there in his career. Good times.

Another unforced error as they didn't have to pick up Kimbrel's option in the first place. Hahn's ego was the lone factor in that decision.

5 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

With Leury batting 3 rd in the 9 th instead of Sheets.

I read these game threads and I feel like the Confused Travolta Gif.

download.jpg

So do we are do we not want Sheets in the OF? 

He was the punching bag after the mis-play in RF.  Then the right thing was done to pull him with the lead and put somewhat of a better OF out there.   But then it's a problem when his turn to bat came back around?

Look guys, give it up, as much as I agree that TLR should go, it’s not going to happen this year. Could he cut a deal with JR on a buyout to save face? Maybe, but for this year we’re stuck with him, so let’s move on. 

we need  position players that actually play the correct position. 

Edited by AJ'S Cousin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Old enough to remember the FO and Tony selling him as a RF, despite the fact he is 34 and played 6 games there in his career. Good times.

Another unforced error as they didn't have to pick up Kimbrel's option in the first place. Hahn's ego was the lone factor in that decision.

He also has a .561 OPS against RHP.  He’s been a colossal bust.

1 minute ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Look guys, give it up, as much as I agree that TLR should go, it’s not going to happen this year. Could he cut a deal with JR on a buyout to save face? Maybe, but for this year we’re stuck with him, so let’s move on. 

wevneed position players that actually play the correct position. 

Trade Vaughn for Chisholm

Sheets looked better at the plate tonight but his D gave away 2 runs.  If you can't make that play, you shouldn't be out there.

The Robert play was obviously much harder but boy did it look ugly in slow motion as he alligator armed it.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

That contract option for next year is scary

I think someone will take him on as a 3-4 time per week player and lefty masher. His statcast data is right in line with what he did in 2020/2021. But he definitely looks overexposed playing every day vs RHP, which isn't something I foresaw when the Sox acquired him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I read these game threads and I feel like the Confused Travolta Gif.

download.jpg

So do we are do we not want Sheets in the OF? 

He was the punching bag after the mis-play in RF.  Then the right thing was done to pull him with the lead and put somewhat of a better OF out there.   But then it's a problem when his turn to bat came back around?

Leury is not enough of a better outfielder to take Sheets bat out in a one run game.  If  Helseley would have come in, it was more justifiable to have a real outfielder out there.  Leury is not an outfielder and his hitting sucks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Sheets looked better at the plate tonight but his D gave away 2 runs.  If you can't make that play, you shouldn't be out there.

The Robert play was obviously much harder but boy did it look ugly in slow motion as he alligator armed it.

Leury was not even close to the ball.

Just now, AJ'S Cousin said:

We have too many 1st Basemen/DH’S and not enough REAL outfielders. 

None of this would be a problem if all those 1B/DHs would slugg their way out of their bad defense as was suppose to be the plan. 

Eloy and Vaughn/Sheets were suppose to suck at the corners but would each slugg +.500 to make a difference. 

The slugging part hasn't happened. 

• Like 1

Sheets dropped hit, Sevy base running mistake. Not letting Gio at least start the 7th. Should of faced the first batter.  Bottom of the order was up.  And that’s the game.  

Edited by AJ'S Cousin