Offensive Stats Update

reiks12

30 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm inclined to believe the hitching coach really isn't that important, but the stats for his teams are damning and it's not a small sample either.

If it isn't important then why are top analytics teams trying to steal away the Astros minor league hitting coaches? Why do the Twins have multiple hitting coaches? Why is big money being spent by the Yankees, Dodgers, Astros, Giants, Braves, Cardinals, Red Sox (perennial contenders) on guys who can coach hitters to follow an organizational hitting philosophy?

Edited by reiks12

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm inclined to believe the hitching coach really isn't that important, but the stats for his teams are damning and it's not a small sample either.

I mean I think sometimes hitting coaches get blamed for slumps. But  I think the sox are largely executing menechinos style, but that style makes our slumps horrible because it makes scoring runs rely on 4 + hits in an inning, and sees a bunch of GIDPs and FC ruining runners in scoring position.

If we were a power thirsty team and slumped it sucks but eventually we'll score in bunches. We've been getting games with lotsa hits and 4-5 runs.

Just now, reiks12 said:

If it isn't important then why are top analytics teams trying to steal away the Astros minor league hitting coaches? Why do the Twins have multiple hitting coaches? Why is big money being spent by the Yankees, Dodgers, Astros, Giants, Braves, Cardinals, Red Sox (perennial contenders) on guys who can coach hitters to follow an organization hitting philosophy?

They are trying to poach how to build organizational approaches, sox don't believe in that. They let coach dudes do their own coach stuff, and if they are nice they get a job for life.

The Sox are dead last in MLB with a team BB% of 6.4%, which is pretty below average.

An average BB% is 8%.

Heres the Sox lineup and their BB%:

Anderson - 3.8%
Robert - 3.1%
Vaughn - 7.7%
Abreu - 12%
Garcia - 3.1%
Pollock - 4.5%
Grandal - 13.4%
Harrison - 4.5%
Burger - 5.5%
Moncada - 4.9%

8 out of their ten most played players have BB’s that all below average and well below average  

The organization needs to be better at  acquiring players who can get on base, whether it’s the draft, free agency or in trades. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 9:36 PM, Joshua Strong said:

The Sox are dead last in MLB with a team BB% of 6.4%, which is pretty below average.

An average BB% is 8%.

Heres the Sox lineup and their BB%:

Anderson - 3.8%
Robert - 3.1%
Vaughn - 7.7%
Abreu - 12%
Garcia - 3.1%
Pollock - 4.5%
Grandal - 13.4%
Harrison - 4.5%
Burger - 5.5%
Moncada - 4.9%

8 out of their ten most played players have BB’s that all below average and well below average  

The organization needs to be better at  acquiring players who can get on base, whether it’s the draft, free agency or in trades. 

Moncada used to walk, the Sox have coached it out of him.  Just wait until Menechino gets a hold of Montgomery.  They need to reimagine their organizational hitting philosophy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Sox are 28th in MLB with a .123 ISO. Only Oakland and Detroit are worse. I think this one stat sums up the Sox offense.

10 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Moncada used to walk, the Sox have coached it out of him.  Just wait until Menechino gets a hold of Montgomery.  They need to reimagine their organizational hitting philosophy.

Absolutely, they need to change the hitting program at the ML level. They should look to hire someone from NYY or SFG to increase LA and increase walk rates. 

Edited by Joshua Strong