6/28 GT: Sox @ LAAAAAA - WHY IS TLR STILL HERE?

ChiSox59

10 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'm sure continuing to swing at garbage & hitting everything on the ground will start working any day now

Has Menechino and our players ever heard of the word adjustment?  You cannot double down on crap and not expect diahrrea.  Take Pepto Bismol and pass the page and change your ways or you will be shitting your pants and stinking the whole season.  This is my scatological comment on the Sox today.

Edited by hankchifan
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

2nd half last season he was a lot more selective up there and picked a zone and went with it.   And his numbers showed the results. 

This season, he's just going up there in hack mode no matter what. 

Not sure if he is pressing, but it's a rough watch.   

The thing is he's got a decent batting average and knocking in runs but it's empty without walks and power. He's a guy capable of 40 HR's but now a singles and doubles hitter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Let’s fire Menechino and see how Robert looks.

That's exactly how I feel about Eloy, too. I don't like the idea on selling low on any of these hitters until they can work with a modern hitting coach. But if they run it back next year with the same hitting coach + medical staff, well... good luck.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Has Menechino and our players ever heard of the word adjustment?  You cannot double down on crap and not expect diahrrea.  Take Pepto Bismol and pass the page and change your ways or you will shitting your pants and stink the whole season.  This is my scatological comment on the Sox today.

Howie Clark is probably in the dugout right now laughing with Shelley Duncan. Hahaha we fooled everyone.

Edited by maloney.adam

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He would still have to be more selective. He has 2 walks in a month and none in a couple weeks.

Well having to dive over the plate as far as he does for every pitch makes it very hard to judge what a ball and strike is.

• Like 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

That's exactly how I feel about Eloy, too. I don't like the idea on selling low on any of these hitters until they can work with a modern hitting coach. But if they run it back next year with the same hitting coach + medical staff, well... good luck.

Fully agree.  Most of these guys are obviously talented, but their approaches just seem poor / outdated.  No team should prioritize hitting fly balls more than a team full of 1B / DH types who play at the Rate and yet even our sluggers pound the ball into the ground like crazy.  It seems like a change at hitting coach would reap immediate benefits, but these clowns seem 100% committed to Menechino.