6/28 GT: Sox @ LAAAAAA - WHY IS TLR STILL HERE?

ChiSox59

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

This is how I look at it. Tell me another manager that does better with the people on the roster, underperformance and the injuries. Maybe another manager has the Sox at .500 . Big deal.

I often wonder if Tony is thinking, "man I miss the Cardinals".

It was still a bad hire.  This organization has a history of poor decisions.

2 hours ago, Tony said:

What bothers me about this post is it totally absolves the rest of the FO, training staff, and players. 

It's why I sometimes wonder if the La Russa hire was looked at as a good thing by Hahn and Williams. If the Sox win, great....everyone celebrates, everyone goes home happy. If they lose, it's not about the roster construction anymore, it's now on TLR and his failures in the dugout and keeping guys healthy. When in reality, this roster was flawed entering the season, and obviously still is today. 

It's not to say TLR isn't a huge problem. He is. You're correct in your use of the clown emoji. But I just don't want people to lose sight of how big of a failure this is across the board. No one should come out clean of this mess, but I fear people will. 

I kind of feel like last year the FO had cover.  They came out of the gate ok but then climbed into first place and coasted to a division title.  Injuries decimating the roster was a bit of an outlier over the new norm.  This year TLR is even worse, and the roster is worse, and the holes are more glaring, and zero depth available to help.  Injuries are the new norm and the shine is definitely fading of some of these young players.  The FO’s failings are far more evident and TLR being bad is no longer the sole scapegoat.  If there were any accountability everyone would be on the hot seat, but sadly we know who the chairman is so the status quo continues. 

14 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Playing shorthanded for multiple days instead of just ILing the replacement level 4th outfielder is so very White Sox.

Can’t you just covid IL guys and get them off early too if they’re sick but never teat positive? Makes it even more strange. Especially with an open 40 man spot (Mendick), even tho it’s eventually going to Eloy. 

Edited by ChiSox59

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Can’t you just covid IL guys and get them off early too if they’re sick but never teat positive? Makes it even more strange. Especially with an open 40 man spot (Mendick), even tho it’s eventually going to Eloy. 

The Sox will do anything to make sure they don't have to churn the bottom of their 26 or 40 man roster. Tony probably sees doing so as an unwritten rule or something.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So are you recommending Vaughn, Sheets and Burger all sit  or just Burger and Sheets sit ? I'm very unclear on your plan. Is the team better with Haseley in the OF every day and the best defensive lineup you can find ?

It's one thing to say or the bad defense means extra pitches for the pitchers but how many bad defenders should be in the game at one time? How do you know who is going to get the ball hit in their direction more often in every game where it makes a difference ?

If the season is lost play the young guys and who cares about the defense. Time to learn on the job and if the pitchers suffer so be it. Find takers for the older guys like Abreu, Hendriks, Harrison, Pollock, Lynn and see if you can get some more upper level arms. There is no time for sentiment.

Lol, you are just looking for reasons to be upset here.

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

It’s been on Hahn since 2013.

Most here were bowing at his feet for his ridiculous GM

Wish I could get paid $4M year after year to absolutely suck at my job.

In what other business or organization is that kind of failure/underpeformance rewarded with that type of compensation? 

7 hours ago, wegner said:

8 games with the Twins before the All Star Break.  I think the Sox have to win 6 of those.

We have the starting pitching to pull that feat, but we need hitting, defense and relievers to come thru and TLR not give games away with stupid moves.

• Like 1