6/29 GT: Sox @ LAAAAAA (Kopech v. Ohtani) - let's go streaking at 8:38 PM CT

ChiSox59

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He says enough subtle things to let the Hahn ass-kissing society make excuses on his behalf

If he made those comments about hitting file cabinets because of managerial decisions in NY, Philly or Boston, it would be front page news.  With the Sox, it's just par for the course and a nothing burger that barely registers.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Jack, you are the definition of someone who mispaints stats to represent their own narrative. Kopech curve and slider both grade as + pitches this year.

When I watch the games, it seems that hitters can recognize them fairly easily. However you're right, they're plus pitches so I guess I'm the idiot. 

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Tony leaving Kopech out there to die

TLR gives another game away with another unforced error, letting Kopech out there too long.  This has happened often in the 6 th inning leaving the starter in too long.  TLR does not adjust and doubles down on every bad decision.  Totally incompetent.

Just now, hankchifan said:

TLR gives another game away with another unforced error, letting Kopech out there too long.  This has happened often in the 6 th inning leaving the starter in too long.  TLR does not adjust and doubles down on every bad decision.  Totally incompetent.

Because he wants to change baseball back to where pitchers act like MEN and go as long as possible 

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

When I watch the games, it seems that hitters can recognize them fairly easily. However you're right, they're plus pitches so I guess I'm the idiot. 

Not an idiot, just someone who allows one output to impact his overall views which are inherently negative. We all do it at times. 

I swear LaRussa makes more than 1 bad decision every single game.  The old adage that a bad manager will cost you no more than 3 losses is just plain wrong with this guy.  He really was the worst possible choice, it's unbelievable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, fathom said:

Went back and looked....Ohtani threw 17 pitches in the 6th and 15 were balls.  One hit, no walks for the Sox against him.

Yup, and they just kept swinging because when you have big sticks like leury and gavin, you can't take walks and waste hour opportunity to drive in runs.

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

TLR believes a SP has to go 6+ innings every game. He’s had way to many situations where he’s more worried about the pitcher going at least 5 for a W than actually caring about the W for the team. He hasn’t brought any value to this team since he’s been here. Zero, just wasting oxygen in the dug out.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I swear LaRussa makes more than 1 bad decision every single game.  The old adage that a bad manager will cost you no more than 3 losses is just plain wrong with this guy.  He really was the worst possible choice, it's unbelievable.

He is costing us up to 3 games a week.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

Someone yelled "pinch hit you f'ing idiot" at the HOFBP. It took him 15 minutes to wake up and sent Zavala up to hit in the 7th. Unbelievable. 

It's honestly fucking hilarious that he pinch hit for his catcher with another catcher with no one on base down 4, but he didn't pinch hit for leury with Andrew vaughn down two with men on 1st a d 3rd. You just can't make this shit up if you tried.

• Like 3

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It's honestly fucking hilarious that he pinch hit for his catcher with another catcher with no one on base down 4, but he didn't pinch hit for leury with Andrew vaughn down two with men on 1st a d 3rd. You just can't make this shit up if you tried.

Sure it does, he thinks Leury is a star