6/29 GT: Sox @ LAAAAAA (Kopech v. Ohtani) - let's go streaking at 8:38 PM CT

ChiSox59

Just now, ron883 said:

I'm not ruling that out. He may have one of those old man slip ups where he accidentally says something racist. 

A guy can dream...

Problem is you can’t understand anything that comes out of his mouth most times anyways so no one would know what the hell he’s saying

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Problem is you can’t understand anything that comes out of his mouth most times anyways so no one would know what the hell he’s saying

I'll act as his translator.  I'll have him out within the week, I promise guys.

• Like 1

There's way too much forgetting that Yoan and Lucas were actually good for multiple seasons at one point. 

Sox fans seem to pretend neither guy was ever good. 

I've given them my fair share of shit, but it's mostly because I thought they had it in them to be even better than they were. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

There's way too much forgetting that Yoan and Lucas were actually good for multiple seasons at one point. 

Outside of 2020 which I barely even count Yoan was good for two years (2019 and, yes, 2021).  Lucas for several, and he has only really had a bad June.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Only way he gets fired during the season is if he makes a racist comment in a press conference 

He could get pulled over for his 3rd DUI and stay employed. He could say he supports the regimes in Cuba and Venezuela and stay employed. He could make the most racist comment since Jimmy the Greek and stay employed. He's not going anywhere folks.

Just now, Spumoni said:

Outside of 2020 which I barely even count Yoan was good for two years (2019 and, yes, 2021).  Lucas for several, and he has only really had a bad June.

Yoan was definitely lacking in terms of explosiveness last year

5 minutes ago, Spumoni said:

2020 is a weird thing and both players were good for the last two 162 game seasons before this one. 

However, if you were paying attention to baseball savant Giolito has been bad all year and batted ball luck (especially with HR) was saving him until June. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yoan was definitely lacking in terms of explosiveness last year

That's a fair criticism but he made up for it with the best OBP season of his career. Moncada was an on base machine last year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

He could get pulled over for his 3rd DUI and stay employed. He could say he supports the regimes in Cuba and Venezuela and stay employed. He could make the most racist comment since Jimmy the Greek and stay employed. He's not going anywhere folks.

Unless he gets put in jail for multiple DUIs and his mug shot goes viral….

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Unless he gets put in jail for multiple DUIs and his mug shot goes viral….

You don't know.  JR has bail money for sure.  What else are best friends for?

Edited by Spumoni