6/29 GT: Sox @ LAAAAAA (Kopech v. Ohtani) - let's go streaking at 8:38 PM CT

ChiSox59

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Tony was asked about pinch hitting for Leury, and he talked about how much he liked Leury's at bats recently. Typical. 

Sure he worked a 7 pitch and 8 pitch AB I think earlier in the ballgame, but when he does put it in play it’s like the coach in little league hitting for fielding practice. He is worthless….

5 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Sure he worked a 7 pitch and 8 pitch AB I think earlier in the ballgame, but when he does put it in play it’s like the coach in little league hitting for fielding practice. He is worthless….

He’s managing like it is Little League and Leury is his kid.  This quote below is just ridiculous.  He’s so damn stupid.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CST_soxvan/status/1542378124968468480

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s managing like it is Little League and Leury is his kid.  This quote below is just ridiculous.  He’s so damn stupid.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CST_soxvan/status/1542378124968468480

Thought it was fake, but here is the video…🤦‍♂

They asked him why he wasn’t pinch hit for in the 6th and Tony answers on why he hit in the 9th, not even listening to the question….moron

Edited by HahnsKiddieTable
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

They asked him why he wasn’t pinch hit for in the 6th and Tony answers on why he hit in the 9th, not even listening to the question….moron

Put the ball n play… anybody can put the ball in play, what we need is getting the ball over the fence., more likely outcome with Burger or Vaughn particularly against a lefty than with Leury.  TLR is going with gut feeling, not statistics, and his gut feelings have been indigestion.

TLR is so bad that it is laughable.  Like a cartoon character.

He finished his statement with "I like what I'm seeing." Seriously, what exactly did he like seeing tonight beyond Kopech gutting it out on his bum knee and Abreu going 4 for 4, neither of which were the topics of discussion.

Tony liked what he saw out of Leury and Harrison, who finished a combined 0 for 7 with 4 strikeouts, 5 LOBs and 1 walk. Then started spewing the two had the best stats against Iglesias. 

1 hour ago, Quin said:

maxresdefault.jpg

6/29/22 - A new worst day of my White Sox fandom.

So TLR doesn't look at results because it's too easy that way? Seriously ? Who even says something like that? 

However at least that explains why Garcia with a .193 BA and a .480 OPS is a consistent starter and there is not a chance in h*** this team makes the playoffs this season.

Thanks TLR.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

41 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

So TLR doesn't look at results because it's too easy that way? Seriously ? Who even says something like that? 

Someone who clearly knows that he isn't delivering results.

Seems like a great day to fire Tony into the sun with the offday.  Get Jirschele to San Fran by tomorrow and get this thing pointed in the right direction before the ASG.  Otherwise, we're likely dead a week from today.  

• Like 1

I could not help but notice the contrast between Kopech's use yesterday and this description of how Gonsolin has turned into one of the best pitchers in the NL:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/insider/story/_/id/34168683/real-not-midseason-verdict-mlb-biggest-surprise-stars-2022

Dave Roberts manages him very carefully -- he hasn't gone more than six innings, 94 pitches or 23 batters faced in any start, and he has pitched on four days of rest just three times. But the results could make him the All-Star Game starter.

9 hours ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

If this is the sh*t he talks when he is supposedly sober I would hate to imagine the sh*t he talks when drunk.