6/29 GT: Sox @ LAAAAAA (Kopech v. Ohtani) - let's go streaking at 8:38 PM CT

ChiSox59

25 minutes ago, wegner said:

I remember in Spring Training we knocked Ohtani out of the game and then they put him back in and we knocked him out of the game again.  He doesn't scare me.

Except he probably wasn't using his best stuff then...just getting work in to prepare for the season.

Edited by caulfield12

42 minutes ago, ChetLemon77 said:

Such a vital game to win tonight. Win and you take 2/3 in a place you typically struggle while establishing the potential for a much-needed winning road trip before returning for 19 straight against your division.

Lose and it's just another in a series of "one step forward, two back." 

This would certainly be a nice game to win.  It would be great if the bats stay hot tonight against a good pitcher rather than last night being just a one off performance against mediocre pitching.

Just now, Heads22 said:

Even with that strikeout, that at bat was a lot more like the Yoan from a few years ago

Yep, battled and saw a decent amount of pitches. Didn’t look totally lost. I’ll take it as a trending upward sign, along with yesterday and the 5 hit game pre-IL stint.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I'll never understand why more pitchers with fringe change-ups don't start throwing splitters. To me, it's worth the arm risk. Do these guys want to stick in MLB or not? 

Don't you need to have pretty big hands to be effective with it? Some smaller guys probably can't throw it effectively