Oscar Colas Story (Is this true?)

21 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

r/whitesox - As per southside.sox _ on Instagram:

"slave" lol what an absolute idiot. Although I'm not sure how reputable this source is or if this entire story was made up.

This tweet is also incorrect, because one of the only two things he didn't delete is a highlight of his from Spring Training.

Yet another reason to be unhappy with this organization.

We don’t know if any promises were made to Colas about a promotion to AA if he “played well,” but nothing would or should be surprising at this point.

He only has to look at Luis Roberts’ multiple promotions in 2019.

Plus, who exactly is blocking him in AA?

If I played in the 30th ranked farm system behind a terrible Barons’ team and looked at a big league club with two big corner outfield holes…

Then there was that weird situation a month ago where he was on the roster and not playing and they said he was injured but he also wasn’t on any sort of public restricted list, either.  Yet they brought him and Cespedes up this spring as reasons for not making a big RF signing.

Something doesn’t add up.

Then there’s the Brian Ball lawsuit that can’t go away fast enough.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

I would bet money it’s a misunderstanding as far as what the story is actually about. Even if he was held back too long (for his taste), he can’t be stupid enough to start a self immolation process at an important part of his career that is so far successful. Impatience can’t make a sane person do this right?

• Like 2

Welp, does anything ever go as planned?

Hopefully this is just because minor league conditions aren't quite as glamorous he as expected, mixed with some frustration on not being promoted yet.  But send the guy to AA FFS, he's earned it. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bmags said:

well, whatever it is, I'm sure shane riorden will get to the bottom of it, let everyone know that he knows the issue and that it's bad, but not actually let anyone know what it was.

That's the job of sports media. Get everyone riled up for ratings.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You almost can't promote him now.  Why would you reward him for a temper tantrum?

Is there any actual evidence of a "temper tantrum" other than a screenshotted post from "southside.sox_"?

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

31 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

I would bet money it’s a misunderstanding as far as what the story is actually about. Even if he was held back too long (for his taste), he can’t be stupid enough to start a self immolation process at an important part of his career that is so far successful. Impatience can’t make a sane person do this right?

Maybe he thinks he will be granted his freedom like Yermin and then quickly go to the big leagues with a playoff bound team?

And yes the conditions and treatment in Japan so much better than High A ball.

AA is a different story.

Of course, if they refuse to promote him for the rest of the season out of spite, they can't make the simultaneous argument he's ready for the big leagues in 2023.

They really look for reasons or excuses not to spend money...we don't want to block Colas.

One impulse eventually has to win out here...saving face or saving cash.

Not to mention all this is trickling down to Vera...if Abreu's unhappy, Mercedes obviously, Moncada, Grandal...even Luis Robert has gone through periods of listlessness, too.

It's like a malaise has set in, compared to how things were with Renteria and the seeming joy the Hispanic players had playing previously.

That said, Robert has obviously produced when healthy the last two years...just not at a Trout-ian level.

Edited by caulfield12

On 6/29/2022 at 3:02 PM, Kalapse said:

Is there any actual evidence of a "temper tantrum" other than a screenshotted post from "southside.sox_"?

Current IG story below, my google translate skills lead me to believe this roughly translates to "my fucking soul hurts" 

Edited by JoeCredeYes
regain attachment quota