Oscar Colas Story (Is this true?)

7 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

Someone explain to me why any credence was put into the screenshotted post from Ray Ray. They didn't even screenshot his instagram and people fucking ran with it without even looking at his page.

Because people who want the team to be drama-free love drama.

• Fire 1

34 minutes ago, Quin said:

Oscar Colas' instagram is back to normal and, once again, the initial post was incorrect regarding him deleting everything White Sox.

So he’s only 50-75% pissed?  Guess we will see if he’s back in the lineup in the next day or two.  If it’s longer than that, probably not the greatest development for both organization and player.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

So he’s only 50-75% pissed?  Guess we will see if he’s back in the lineup in the next day or two.  If it’s longer than that, probably not the greatest development for both organization and player.

3euxk7.jpg

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, Quin said:

3euxk7.jpg

Nobody cares about semantics and phrasing.  This is not TMZ.

What they do care about is the relationship between the team and player, and bringing him back into the fold more than alienating him further.

Social media at best is going to reflect a small part of the story.  Probably more of just a cry for help or attention when he is feeling lonely or isolated for whatever reason.

47 minutes ago, Quin said:

Oscar Colas' instagram is back to normal and, once again, the initial post was incorrect regarding him deleting everything White Sox.

Hopefully he is back in the lineup today, continues to rake and gets promoted to AA next week. Keep the dude happy, we're gonna need him at some point. 

1 hour ago, Kalapse said:

Someone explain to me why any credence was put into the screenshotted post from Ray Ray. They didn't even screenshot his instagram and people fucking ran with it without even looking at his page.

Bc the original post was 99.9% accurate.  His Instagram had all posts about the white sox or Winston Salem deleted except for 2.   Some random image and one which started off by showing him i believe at a hockey game then flipped to a highlight from spring training.  His profile picture was even changed to a red circle.  

Then later that night Colas was not in the WS lineup.  Today its all back as well as his profile pic is back.  Something is clearly up.  

He is actually live on instagram now (not that I can tell what he is saying)

Edited by Polar Bear

34 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Bc the original post was 99.9% accurate.  His Instagram had all posts about the white sox or Winston Salem deleted except for 2.   Some random image and one which started off by showing him i believe at a hockey game then flipped to a highlight from spring training.  His profile picture was even changed to a red circle.  

Then later that night Colas was not in the WS lineup.  Today its all back as well as his profile pic is back.  Something is clearly up.  

He is actually lice on instagram now (not that I can tell what he is saying)

Yeah, I saw the screenshot posted elsewhere and was curious if anyone here had seen or heard anything since I'm not on social media and don't follow players/etc. 

That said, his instagram was pretty much wiped clean and all what you said was true and then he was out of the lineup. 

May have just been a personal tragedy that made him upset and it was unrelated to the Sox and they're giving him time away, but clearly something was up.

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, I saw the screenshot posted elsewhere and was curious if anyone here had seen or heard anything since I'm not on social media and don't follow players/etc. 

That said, his instagram was pretty much wiped clean and all what you said was true and then he was out of the lineup. 

May have just been a personal tragedy that made him upset and it was unrelated to the Sox and they're giving him time away, but clearly something was up.

Stole my thunder...I was just going to post maybe something happened to someone he knows or family member completely unrelated to baseball.  There could be a lost in translation here both culturally and language-based.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

From a month ago is seems like he was dealing with something 

Translation: 

Everything is possible my day was not going well at all but God had this moment prepared for me 🙏

14 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

You can see that the Sox organization is an absolute joke with player development 

Cesar Prieto and Oscar Colas were signed at 23 years old.  Both decided to forfeit almost all of their contract to come stateside right away.  Both being older were almost assuredly under the impression that if they were able to perform well that they would be on a faster track to the majors then other prospects.  

Both Prieto and Colas were raking at A+ for the first month.  At that time the Baltimore Orioles promoted Prieto to AA.  The Sox chose to keep Colas down, why, no reason why.  A+ was solely intended to let both players shake off the rust and get used to American baseball and a routine.  Its not been a month past when Prieto was promoted to AA.  Colas is still at A+ and continuing to rake.  

Then comes Colson Montgomery who raked at A ball to a similar tune that Colas was doing at A+.  Colson gets promoted to A+ while Colas is still forced to stay at A+.  

Then we have the Lenyn Sosa situation as he gets promoted from AA to the bigs while Colas is still stuck at A+

The Sox fucked up if this is the root cause of a perceived rift.  Nothing surprising bc the guys running the organization at every position are straight trash.  Colas should have been promoted a month ago plain and simple.  

This is ridiculous. Colas wasn’t great in May and missed a bunch of time. He should be in AA but the White Sox aren’t doing anything nefarious here. If he were ready to play in the big leagues by midseason 2023, that’d be a huge benefit for the organization and they know it 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

This is ridiculous. Colas wasn’t great in May and missed a bunch of time. He should be in AA but the White Sox aren’t doing anything nefarious here. If he were ready to play in the big leagues by midseason 2023, that’d be a huge benefit for the organization and they know it 

It's not.  In April he hit .301.  Thats more than enough rust shaken off and he should have been promoted then.  In May he dealt with injuries and only played in 11 games.  In June he has now hit almost .400 with 14 hits in his last 7 games.   He is far too advanced to be in A+, thats not a question.  The Sox refusal to promote him is undoubtedly centered around who is manning CF in AA and his struggles.   Colas should have been manning CF in AA in early June.

The people here and mostly elsewhere defending Colas because it is hard being a minor leaguer are mouth breathers.

Accusing your employer of treating you live a slave is ridiculous. 

I hope the Sox trade him the first second an offer even close to fair comes along.  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

The people here and mostly elsewhere defending Colas because it is hard being a minor leaguer are mouth breathers.

I hope the Sox trade him the first second an offer even close to fair comes along.  

As ivory towers of an answer this is, I do think that if this was really a worst case scenario kind of thing, I would expect Colas to go out in a trade in the next month.

No one is going to tell us what happened, but if he gets dealt, that could be a clear statement by itself.

4 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

This serious?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Quin said:

Wrong, he removed all but 2 posts yesterday when I grabbed his IG story, everything related to White Sox was gone. 

3 hours ago, GREEDY said:

How does making emotional decisions work on Wall Street?

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

As ivory towers of an answer this is, I do think that if this was really a worst case scenario kind of thing, I would expect Colas to go out in a trade in the next month.

No one is going to tell us what happened, but if he gets dealt, that could be a clear statement by itself.

Another trade they’ll lose.  Then we will one again wonder why we have no (competent) starting corner outfielders.

The Guardians keeping the Twins from running away will force Hahn into the trade market out of desperation to save his job/roll the dice.

6 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

It's not.  In April he hit .301.  Thats more than enough rust shaken off and he should have been promoted then.  In May he dealt with injuries and only played in 11 games.  In June he has now hit almost .400 with 14 hits in his last 7 games.   He is far too advanced to be in A+, thats not a question.  The Sox refusal to promote him is undoubtedly centered around who is manning CF in AA and his struggles.   Colas should have been manning CF in AA in early June.

Yoelqui Cespedes has nothing to do with when Oscar Colas gets promoted. And that’s not just my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

None of the other four outfielders at Birmingham should be blocking Colas.

Cespedes is barely hanging in there at the periphery of the Top 30.  Only his name recognition has any impact, but that and the money they likely wasted on/invested in him has nothing to do with Colas, either.

Sunk cost.

The White Sox will eventually promote him simply so they can argue in the media he’s close enough to the big leagues so they don’t need to tie up long term money with a LH corner outfielder in FA.