Shane Riordan's interview with Rick Hahn

South Side Hit Men

Interview continues through 5PM CDT.

First segment of Shane's interview with Rick Hahn:

• Hahn has offered nine figure deals and the White Sox are comfortable as an organization with nine figure deals, they just haven't lined up.
  • Hahn is "comfortable his input is being heard" over the daily lineups and defensive positioning, but is not happy with every decision made by the manager and their staff. Spiegel's response "Oh God!", Shane takes the response is Hahn's putting the onus on Tony in terms of how the day to day lineups are constructed.
  • Shane "Frustration is at an all time high. How do you cope as a person with frustrations of expectations not being met at your or the team's level?" Hahn - "It's not easy.... There are times I act poorly....I woke up with a sore hand the other day and remembered I punched a file cabinet after a decision in a game.:D

Second Segment:

• What is your favorite acquisition?  I really like the Eloy / Cease trade, because it was something most did not expect us to do (a crosstown deal, the Sox and Cubs were willing to help each other, conversations with Theo) and we were able to put it together.
  • Were people in the organization upset by Tim Anderson saying "We're the fucking best team in the AL"? No, the only apprehension was they haven't won anything yet.
  • David Robertson stashed his 2016 jersey from Chris Sale's scissor session. What do you recall from that day? Hahn "I get a text from Robin saying he doesn't want to wear the jersey. Hahn, "Tell him why we're doing it". Texts back and forth, Robin says, he cut it up. Hahn, get the backup jersey. Robin, He cut them all up. Hahn gave up his son's coaching duties, went home showered, and went to the ballpark to meet with Chris after the game. Said Chris was apologetic, discussed how he saw the competitive warrior side of Chris Sale come out.

11 minutes ago, bmags said:

Thanks for keeping the Helms story quiet Shane! As a reward here’s an interview covering all the same shit we’ve heard a thousand times.

True, although it is interesting he's admitted to punching file cabinets because of LaRussas curious moves. 

Bringing LaRussa back was one of the most shortsighted moves in MLB history.  It shortened the window. Hopefully it's not closed for good, but I imagine it's closed until he leaves.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, bmags said:

Thanks for keeping the Helms story quiet Shane! As a reward here’s an interview covering all the same shit we’ve heard a thousand times.

Will you elaborate? Is it because he didn't provide details after the initial tweet?

I didn't see anything further details in the Wes Helms thread beyond drawing a connection to the Vizquel incidents, that Helms witnessed them. Found on Reddit a post stating Wes Helms witnessed one of the incidents, laughed at the child being abused, has been called as a witness in the victim's sexual harassment lawsuit against the White Sox, and has been dismissed as a result.

Haven't heard anything further from Shane, or other the lapdog Chicago media.

The Tribune story left it at, it's been crickets everywhere since.

"The Sox did not provide additional information, calling it a “personnel issue.”

Edited by South Side Hit Men

49 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

True, although it is interesting he's admitted to punching file cabinets because of LaRussas curious moves

Bringing LaRussa back was one of the most shortsighted moves in MLB history.  It shortened the window. Hopefully it's not closed for good, but I imagine it's closed until he leaves.

Ok I'm betting that Rick is a regular on Soxtalk game threads....what's his handle??

25 minutes ago, pcq said:

Rick should be a District Manager for Burger King. 

Keep him out of Iowa.

"Your Way, Right Away" is the direct opposite of what TLR and Hahn have accomplished.

"Their Way, Right Away" led to the disastrous Kimbrel trade and it has been almost all downhill ever since.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Ron883

Because he was originally a big Cubs' fan, too.

Does Jose know how rick/ron tries to get him going every season when he struggles??  Might want to bring that up in the next negotiations.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

He reminds me of Bernstein in that sense. He has "sources" and knows just how bad things are in an organization, but he never actually reveals anything. 

Edited by ron883

3 hours ago, bmags said:

I mean we all know Chicago sports media is a bunch of lapdogs.  They are the bitches of the ownership groups because they are afraid of being blacklisted. 

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

True, although it is interesting he's admitted to punching file cabinets because of LaRussas curious moves. 

It really has to be just Jerry that wants TLR around, right?