Toddlers First Game, Need Help

BigHurt3515

I have been to plenty of games myself but it will be the first time we are taking our kids (3 & 22 months old) and have some questions I hope people with some experience can help us out. We are going to the July 6th game, day game on a Wednesday.

How busy have day games been during the week when school is out, typically?

I read policies and it states diaper bags are okay to bring in with an infant, how strict are they going to be to have one with us? And if they won't allow it what other options do we have to bring diapers, wipes, sunscreen, etc...

What rows are under the overhang on the first base side? We are likely wanting to go down the line as far as possible to hopefully have some empty seats around us so the kids won't bother too many people if they want to move around a bit & we also want to be out of the sun to be safe

Last questions for now, is there an easy way to meet Southpaw and get a picture with him & is the kids area open now? 

• Like 1

If you are above row 20 and past the dugout on first base side you’ll be in shade      Majority of game. The rows in the 30s at about section 110 are almost always open. My kids are 8 and 11 now, but I did similar things as you are thinking a few years ago. Southpaw is generally up in kids area about the second or third inning. That’s generally best/only time to get a picture unless you are going early.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not busy at all. Late 20s and 30 rows should be fine. Security will let you bring in literally anything these days. They don't seem to care hut I can't say I've tried a diaper bag myself. Left field like section 148ish tons of empty seats. And southpaw hangs out there a lot on the concourse. They used to give away baby's first game gift there but not sure they still do that.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I have been to plenty of games myself but it will be the first time we are taking our kids (3 & 22 months old) and have some questions I hope people with some experience can help us out. We are going to the July 6th game, day game on a Wednesday.

How busy have day games been during the week when school is out, typically?

I read policies and it states diaper bags are okay to bring in with an infant, how strict are they going to be to have one with us? And if they won't allow it what other options do we have to bring diapers, wipes, sunscreen, etc...

What rows are under the overhang on the first base side? We are likely wanting to go down the line as far as possible to hopefully have some empty seats around us so the kids won't bother too many people if they want to move around a bit & we also want to be out of the sun to be safe

Last questions for now, is there an easy way to meet Southpaw and get a picture with him & is the kids area open now? 

My wife has been sneaking around with Southpaw for years. He is quite friendly and you should see him walking around the lower deck. He is afraid of the upper deck though because Reinsdorf took out insurance on him and was going to arrange a fall. Columbo figured it out. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Sounds like you already have your tickets, but from my first game at age 4 until I was about 8 or 9, my parents always bought tickets for weekday afternoon games and in the Club Level so it would be less crowded.

We haven't bought tickets yet. There are plenty of seats still in on Ticketmaster in the rows we were thinking about to stay out of the sun and give more room for the kids so was planning on just buying three of the cheapest tickets on the lower level and just move to where we want