Sox at San Fran 7/1/22 game thread I left my manager in San Francisco

Sure would be nice to have Joc Pederson in the Sox lineup...

That the players are already having thoughts about it being a "sit and wait year" is quite a telling quote from Liam.  At least he didn't speak of blowing things up as that would be even more depressing.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Can't we say the same about Cueto?

Or Narvaez/McCann before they came to the Sox?

The list of successes like Narvaez or McCann is much smaller than the list of veterans who came here and drastically underperformed their expectations or projections. We're living it with Pollock right now. Cueto looks like the same guy he was in SF, which is still a great signing considering what the Sox paid and how desperate they are/were for rotation depth.

I'm honestly disgusted at white sox fans for not understanding that leury garcia has earned this playing time through sheer grit and tenacity. Tenacity that if white sox fans had it maybe the team would be winning more games. Instead were stuck with you all who don't appreciate who are holding players like Leury back. 

Makes me sick to my stomach!

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm honestly disgusted at white sox fans for not understanding that leury garcia has earned this playing time through sheer grit and tenacity. Tenacity that if white sox fans had it maybe the team would be winning more games. Instead were stuck with you all who don't appreciate who are holding players like Leury back. 

Sosa should simply appreciate the twelve at-bat tryout and stop hunting for hits...pulling low and away to 2B every at bat is far more preferable.

1 hour ago, maxjusttyped said:

you think Joc would have a 158 wRC+ if he were here?

Menechino: "Tony, Joc's not listening to me. He keeps hitting home runs and doubles. We need more ground balls."

Tony: "Don't worry, I got you buddy. Sheets in RF, Leury at DH, Pederson will ride the pine."

45 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Remember results don't matter 

Hahn is going to have to release Garcia 

How in the world did his agent convince Hahn to give a 3 year deal?

26 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Best use of sarcasm I read today.