Sox at San Fran 7/1/22 game thread I left my manager in San Francisco

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

This caused me to look up Sheets' pop-up rate and see it's nearly at 30% (16% in the majors, which is also alarmingly high) in AAA this year. His swing is just completely broken right now

Yep and it’s pathetic they rushed him back up.  It doesn’t take a genius to see how messed up his swing is.  Every team probably has 2 guys in AAA that are career minor leaguers that could be more useful than him.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

But Sox best trade piece this entire offseason...overvalued since there was no other option, not unlike Leury's confounding # of opportunities.

And the reason they couldn’t make trades is because no one wanted him.

Just now, fathom said:

Yep and it’s pathetic they rushed him back up.  It doesn’t take a genius to see how messed up his swing is.  Every team probably has 2 guys in AAA that are career minor leaguers that could be more useful than him.

Not the Sox, though 🙂 no depth anywhere to be found. Lillian favorite Tyler Neslony would probably be most deserving of a call-up to fill role TLR wants from Sheets.

Just now, fathom said:

Lamb Hamilton Goodwin etc.

Well he definitely doesn't have the foot speed to beat out anything hit on the ground other than balls with billiards masse hit off the end of the bat against the shift.