AND THAT'S A LEURY LEGEND WHITE SOX WINNER

Last White Sox 1-0 win was September 24, 2021 in Cleveland.

Cease went 5 1/3, and four relievers finished it out. Luis Robert's 5th inning home run was the game winner.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CLE/CLE202109240.shtml

Lynn looked solid tonight, a good sign for the second half. Think the cold weather hurt both offenses today.

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Think the cold weather hurt both offenses today.

Really? Back to blaming the weather? What was their excuse Wednesday night when they only could score because of a wild pitch? Not trying to be a Debbie downer but I’m not giving them another weather excuse here

Why did Burger pinch run for Vaughn? I hope Andrew isn't hurt.

As far as Moncada being toast, in my book he's been toast for a long time. I would work Burger's ass off, have him lose a few pounds by hitting a 100 balls a day at him in fielding practice which would hopefully make him  a decent 3rd baseman.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

Went to bed after the 3rd that's where I am at with this team.

Good to see Pollock do well.  He should leadoff or bat second.

Moncada is toast.

Win one of next two and it's a nice end to a killer schedule.

Let the day begin.

Let's sweep them, this team needs to get on a roll and start a long stretch of winning baseball. The 1961 Sox were spinning their wheels in June but had a streak where they won 19 out of 20 games, something like that works for me.

To me there are two Leury Garcia's. The player who I like and appreciate who has carved out a career as an "I'll do anything the team asks" guy. I'm really happy for him and want to see him do well. 

Then we have the Leury Garcia who has become the embodiment of all that is wrong with this franchise. From JR to Tony. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

As far as Moncada being toast, in my book he's been toast for a long time, I would work Burger's ass, hit a 100 balls a day at him in fielding sessions, have him lose a few pounds to make him a decent 3rd baseman and then give him the job.

Burger isn’t fast, but he is faster than Vaughn. Vaughn doubled with two outs in 8th, and TLR was hoping Burger could score from second if Robert singled. Many questioned why it wasn’t Haseley running, but it ended up being the right call to save Haseley because no way Sheets would have scored on the game winning run. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Moncada is toast.

Let the day begin.

Just watching highlights and Moncada hit a missile to the track that Mike Yaz made an incredible catch. I would image the xBA was quite high. Sox need Moncada…keep running him out there.  

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

As far as Moncada being toast, in my book he's been toast for a long time. I would work Burger's ass off, have him lose a few pounds by hitting a 100 balls a day at him in fielding practice which would hopefully make him  a decent 3rd baseman.

Lack of mobility due to long term injuries may be part of it.  I hate to see Moncada fail since he is great fielder.  Burger at 3rd seems like another step back for team defense. I wonder with the lack of his playing time - Moncada will probably be on the IL next week, I wonder if he would be better taking swings in Charlotte.

4 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Moncada is toast.

Let the day begin.

It was Friday

3 hours ago, Texsox said:

To me there are two Leury Garcia's. The player who I like and appreciate who has carved out a career as an "I'll do anything the team asks" guy. I'm really happy for him and want to see him do well. 

Then we have the Leury Garcia who has become the embodiment of all that is wrong with this franchise. From JR to Tony. 

His positional flexibility has helped the Sox, but the lack of starting 2B and RF, and organizational depth during the past three seasons have led to him playing as a regular. That falls on Hahn, not Ricky Tony.

Leury isn’t performing well, but he really shouldn’t be put in the situation to play 120-140 games a season. Yet here we are, year after year.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

His positional flexibility has helped the Sox, but the lack of starting 2B and RF, and organizational depth during the past three seasons have led to him playing as a regular. That falls on Hahn, not Ricky Tony.

Leury isn’t performing well, but he really shouldn’t be put in the situation to play 120-140 games a season. Yet here we are, year after year.

In a better situation he plays half that. 

5 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

Lets be honest here. Watching the Yanks destroy Clev today and it is beyond clear that it doesn't matter who comes out of the pathetic AL Central they aren't beating Houston or NY.

To the contrary, watching the Sox shut the Yankees offense down by sweeping a DH in Yankee Stadium made me realize the Yanks simply can’t play with the White Sox….no wait, I meant to say neither one matters bc basing playoff predictions on any one day of the first half of the regular season is fucking idiotic, sorry got mixed up 

5 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

Lets be honest here. Watching the Yanks destroy Clev today and it is beyond clear that it doesn't matter who comes out of the pathetic AL Central they aren't beating Houston or NY.

I think you need to look beyond one game. Based on the  season to this point the pathetic AL Central isn't beating Houston of NY. 

Perhaps a Central All Star team.