Sox at San Fran 7/2/22 game thread I left my manager in San Francisco

3 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I thought catchers weren't allowed to block the plate like that.

The catcher is not permitted to block the runner's path to the plate unless he is in possession of the ball, though blocking the path of the runner in a legitimate attempt to receive a throw is not considered a violation. The runner can be ruled safe if the umpire determines the catcher violated this rule.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The catcher is not permitted to block the runner's path to the plate unless he is in possession of the ball, though blocking the path of the runner in a legitimate attempt to receive a throw is not considered a violation. The runner can be ruled safe if the umpire determines the catcher violated this rule.

That play/call looks very familiar in SF with Flowers and the Posey rule.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Probably some kind of innings management. They've kept him healthy thus far.

Yeah.  Good fortune to avoid him if they can end up sweeping the Giants going into a crucial series with the Twins Monday.

Just noticed Damion Lee left the Warriors 90 minutes after his first pitch yesterday, haha.

2 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Cease with 81 pitches through 4. He has to improve on this. A quality starter has to give you 7 innings pretty consistently.

The BP will have to cover at least 4 innings today which is not good.

In this day and age, at least six.

Anything less and you're exposing your bullpen...especially without Hendriks and Bummer.

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Liam is healthy enough to tweet.

The one way a Sox player hasn't gotten hurt yet this season...

Great job by Cease.

Just wonder how long he can hold together physically with that much torque on all those sliders...seems to know this is his last hitter.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, T R U said:

Lol for fucks sake we need a new hitting coach in the worst way. Everyone’s approach is god awful. 

New hitting coach and manager would go a long way toward injecting some new energy and much improved approach. The launch angle / lack of it from this squad is a true signing that stuff is so far off. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Cease with 81 pitches through 4. He has to improve on this. A quality starter has to give you 7 innings pretty consistently.

The BP will have to cover at least 4 innings today which is not good.

Please tell me who these quality starter who consistent go 7 innings are ? How many do you actually think there are ? And how often is consistently, 1/3 of all starts or more ?