Sox at San Fran 7/2/22 game thread I left my manager in San Francisco

Seems weird to be cheering for the Yankees to beat the Guardians.

Banks ERA down to a respectable 3.27 now.

Joc Pederson must think he's going for mid to late 80's glam rock look but looks more like Star Wars cantina thug.

Edited by caulfield12

13 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I'd take a Joey Gallo swap right now.  I know Gallo sucks but at least he plays better defense and swings from the left side. 

Was thinking the same thing.  Maybe you get lucky and Gallo returns to form by getting out of NY.  If not, he’s still probably a better fit for this roster than Pollock since he can actually play RF and should be useful against RHP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Was thinking the same thing.  Maybe you get lucky and Gallo returns to form by getting out of NY.  If not, he’s still probably a better fit for this roster than Pollock since he can actually play RF and should be useful against RHP.

Who do the Yankees have in LF or DH?

Rizzo/Stanton/Judge sometimes...but today it's Miguel Andujar in LF.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Who do the Yankees have in LF or DH?

Rizzo/Stanton/Judge sometimes...but today it's Miguel Andujar in LF.

Honestly at this point I think the Yankees realize Gallo isn’t going to work out in NY.  I think they’ll look to move him this month.  Whether they’d want Pollock remains to be seen as they might want a more substantial upgrade.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Honestly at this point I think the Yankees realize Gallo isn’t going to work out in NY.  I think they’ll look to move him this month.  Whether they’d want Pollock remains to be seen as they might want a more substantial upgrade.

They definitely are smart enough not to plug Pollock into their RF.

(And I still can't believe they're recalling Jimenez to play next week.)

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I'd be fine with that swap and bet on Gallo turning it around, and I'm not sure the Yankees are going to get anything better.

• Like 1

Gallo is much better defensively than Pollock and like 6 years younger. I'd love to buy low on Gallo because he would check off several different boxes for what this team needs, but I can't see the Yankees going for it unless the Sox add a 2nd piece that's pretty good.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I can’t stress enough how awesome it would be if he can get going.  His ability to get on base is sorely needed.

Getting something resembling his 2021 production going forward would be a game changer. People ignore he was 3rd in the AL in OBP last year.

• Like 1