Sox at San Fran 7/3/22 game thread I left my manager in San Francisco

• bmags pinned this topic
2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Through 76 games

2019 White Sox 36-40

2022 White Sox 37-39

Look at the payrolls. I think even JR knows he fucked up with Tony, but he'll never admit it.

How many player games did the starting 9 and starting rotation and closer of the 2019 White Sox lose to injury through 76 games, combined?

How many player games have the starting 9 and starting rotation and closer of the 2022 White Sox lose to injury through 76 games, combined? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Saufley said:

Not on topic, sorry. Hendriks due back tomorrow. Anyone know how he looked in his rehab?

I don’t think there was any rehab assignment but all reports are that he feels good 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

How many player games did the starting 9 and starting rotation and closer of the 2019 White Sox lose to injury through 76 games, combined?

How many player games have the starting 9 and starting rotation and closer of the 2022 White Sox lose to injury through 76 games, combined? 

It's hard to use injuries as an excuse when injured guys weren't performing anyway. Cueto filled in nicely for Lynn as well. The bullpen is a letdown most nights regardless of who is pitching. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

It's hard to use injuries as an excuse when injured guys weren't performing anyway. Cueto filled in nicely for Lynn as well. The bullpen is a letdown most nights regardless of who is pitching. 

Injuries can easily be used as an excuse.  There has been zero continuity and momentum with the starting lineups.  What was suppose to be the starting 8, plus Luery/Harrison has not had a chance to perform together yet.  Same with the bullpen.  The Sox have not had Kelly, Bummer, Graveman, Hendriks in that Bullpen together for any continuity.

Edited by HOFHurt35

4 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Injuries can easily be used as a excuse.  There has been zero continuity and momentum with the starting lineups.  What was suppose to be the starting 8, plus Luery/Harrison has not had a chance to perform together yet.  Same with the bullpen.  The Sox have not had Kelly, Bummer, Graveman, Hendriks in that Bullpen together for any continuity.

You see baseball you hit baseball where they aren't. You see baseball, you catch baseball. We haven't done that consistently. Guys will get hurt that is the reality of the sport, but everyone has to just do their job. Including the manager who isn't putting them in the best position to succeed. 

2 hours ago, Saufley said:

Not on topic, sorry. Hendriks due back tomorrow. Anyone know how he looked in his rehab?

They said he threw an 18 pitch "sim game". The reports were that the "ball came out of his hand well". Liam clearly wants to be out there tomorrow to begin the big stretch of games v. Minnesota and Cleveland. He'll tell the trainer whatever he needs to hear to get cleared. The guy is gamer. I hope he's truly healthy. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

You see baseball you hit baseball where they aren't. You see baseball, you catch baseball. We haven't done that consistently. Guys will get hurt that is the reality of the sport, but everyone has to just do their job. Including the manager who isn't putting them in the best position to succeed

The most overused meaningless cliche in sports.

You literally just said "you hit baseball where they aren't. You see baseball, you catch baseball" ---- this would 100% be on the players. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Vaughn better figure a way out of his “tired legs”.  He imploded last year when his body started to tire.  He’s too young to hit the wall like this.

It's shit like this, and the failed developments of Eloy, Moncada, and Robert to become perennial power hitting run producers  why I can 100% see the Sox not walking away from Abreu this offseason.  

And I wouldn't blame them.