Sox at San Fran 7/3/22 game thread I left my manager in San Francisco

22 minutes ago, chw42 said:

It's not RISP alone that's the issue. It's a team wide problem with getting guys in from 3rd and less than 2 outs. Their approach in these situations suck. They end up hitting a lot of grounders right into the drawn in infield. 

Our supposedly better hitters do much worse than the scrubs.  Looks like our better hitters are being impatient and trying to hit the ball out of the ball park, pulling the ball.

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Isn’t ReyLo available?

I'd try to get through this game without using him. TLR probably still will, but using Velasquez would make more sense to me. Try to have Lopez fresh for the Twins series would be my preference.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Our supposedly better hitters do much worse than the scrubs.  Looks like our better hitters are being impatient and trying to hit the ball out of the ball park, pulling the ball.

Or pitchers look at some of our scrubs and pound it right at them. 

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'd try to get through this game without using him. TLR probably still will, but using Velasquez would make more sense to me. Try to have Lopez fresh for the Twins series would be my preference.

I agree.  You have a point.

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Get a few more here and you can use whoever you want. 

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

If the Sox add another run or two here, use Lambert.