Sox at San Fran 7/3/22 game thread I left my manager in San Francisco

3 hours ago, poppysox said:

A sweep of the Twins will put a very different look and feel to this season.  I like a lot what Sheet was showing us in this series.  

Going with the pitch can be a novel concept. Ballplayers might all want to try this if they don't want to hit .220. I like Sheets' 3-run double to left.

17 hits was really nice. It seems like when the Sox win, the automatic outs in the lineup like Harrison and Leury do OK. Is Zavala the real deal? Would help if he keeps hitting .300.

42 minutes ago, greg775 said:

17 hits was really nice. It seems like when the Sox win, the automatic outs in the lineup like Harrison and Leury do OK. Is Zavala the real deal? Would help if he keeps hitting .300.

Much like Matt Davidson, he hits BOMBS

Zavala hitting may have been underestimated.  He hit 20 homers in AAA in 2019, and 23 homers in lower minors in 2017.

4 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

For those who say we don't beat good teams,  we just swept a NL playoff contender in their home. 

Like where this team is trending, assuming we start getting healthy. 

Starts with Hendriks tomorrow and hopefully Eloy soon. 

Consistency is the key. This team can beat good teams, they took 2 from 3 off Toronto before losing 3 of 4 to Baltimore. That has been the big issue all season, failing to put together good winning runs because the players are streaky and injuries have disrupted the consistency.

But they did look good against SF with even Garcia and Harrison contributing offensively and Zavala has been a pleasant surprise but Moncada is still struggling.

2 hours ago, Chimpton said:

But they did look good against SF with even Garcia and Harrison contributing offensively and Zavala has been a pleasant surprise but Moncada is still struggling.

This was yesterday before the 0-5 but Moncada has kinda figured it out lately

17 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Lol those stats gotta be fake news. Edit: or apparently they just capture a small sample size. I'm not sold on him yet. He had a good 8 game stretch there. Still has been mostly unimpressive.

Yoan in the last 28 days - .245 BA, .669 OPS. Yoan in last 14 days - .191 BA, .465 OPS. 

Edited by ron883
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

He was on the IL from 18th-28th June and his last 15 games he has a BA of .245 so I am not sure where those stats you quote are from. But I do hope Yoan does figure it out because a healthy hitting player at 3B would be a massive help, if we could get a 2B who could hit as well then things might just be on the up!