7/3 Games

BamaDoc

• bmags pinned this topic
1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Another HR for Veras.  He's making a real push.  Saw him play 3b in Kanny. Got his feet messed up on one play, but looks capable over there.

Just gonna mention this. Home run #11?

So Perez’s “slowdown” seems like it was just an injury he healed from rather than him being found out. Glad Zevala had a nice game today but no reason we shouldn’t have the best guys up this month.

• Like 2

Just now, bmags said:

So Perez’s “slowdown” seems like it was just an injury he healed from rather than him being found out. Glad Zevala had a nice game today but no reason we shouldn’t have the best guys up this month.

Even though Seby hit better than Perez in AAA, I still agree with you. I think the way Perez goes about it makes his path towards being a productive hitter much more sustainable in the bigs.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Even though Seby hit better than Perez in AAA, I still agree with you. I think the way Perez goes about it makes his path towards being a productive hitter much more sustainable in the bigs.

Hard to believe in these 35% k rates from Zevala allowing him to be productive. I think Perez has a 1:1 BB:K ratio, and his power seems at least equal to Zevala.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Hard to believe in these 35% k rates from Zevala allowing him to be productive. I think Perez has a 1:1 BB:K ratio, and his power seems at least equal to Zevala.

I think he's trying to go full Mike Zunino which might end up working... I'm just very skeptical given how bad of a hitter he's been prior to this year.

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

Zavala has been the superior offensive player in AAA this year. I'm fine with Perez getting plenty of ABs in AAA while Seby is swinging the hot stick. If Seby falls off, then you can call up Perez later. 

9 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

I think he's trying to go full Mike Zunino which might end up working... I'm just very skeptical given how bad of a hitter he's been prior to this year.

Just looking at Seby 's development. It seemed like he was slow at some levels to figure it out but he always seemed to. Missing 2020 set him back so figuring out AAA took longer than usual while getting some time in the bigs too. Maybe he figured out AAA and MLB simultaneously. Hard to argue against his Knights and Sox stats combined this year.

One thing about Seby is that he's always been a pretty consistent power hitter like doubles and HR's. The lineup could use those extra base hits . Full Zunino his batting average would be .100 less than it is now. Seby seems like a pretty smart hitter , he can go opposite field too. I just think he zone hits to pull and goes opposite when he has to. Actually my favorite kind of power hitter. Can turn and burn but adjusts on outside pitches.

Perez in game power didn't show up till last year while Seby's power has always been there.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Just looking at Seby 's development. It seemed like he was slow at some levels to figure it out but he always seemed to. Missing 2020 set him back so figuring out AAA took longer than usual while getting some time in the bigs too. Maybe he figured out AAA and MLB simultaneously. Hard to argue against his Knights and Sox stats combined this year.

One thing about Seby is that he's always been a pretty consistent power hitter like doubles and HR's. The lineup could use those extra base hits . Full Zunino his batting average would be .100 less than it is now. Seby seems like a pretty smart hitter , he can go opposite field too. I just think he zone hits to pull and goes opposite when he has to. Actually my favorite kind of power hitter. Can turn and burn but adjusts on outside pitches.

Perez in game power didn't show up till last year while Seby's power has always been there.

Seby has been older in every level. Guy turns 29 in a month. 

And when he stops hitting, he is a k machine. I’ll take the same power in a much better package.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

Seby has been older in every level. Guy turns 29 in a month. 

And when he stops hitting, he is a k machine. I’ll take the same power in a much better package.

They both reached AA and AAA by age 24. Seby missed his age 26 season in 2020 and Perez his age 23 season.

Seby's been jumping up and down between Charlotte and the Sox since 2019 his age 25 season .

Perez will get his shot, maybe one of them gets traded. Wouldn't be such a bad idea to sell high on Zavala .

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

They both reached AA and AAA by age 24. Seby missed his age 26 season in 2020 and Perez his age 23 season.

Seby's been jumping up and down between Charlotte and the Sox since 2019 his age 25 season .

Perez will get his shot, maybe one of them gets traded. Wouldn't be such a bad idea to sell high on Zavala .

Not sure you can do that yet not knowing if Grandal will ever be even 85-90% again…

It’s better to KNOW more confidently you have too much catching, and the jury ultimately is far from out on any of the four in terms of predicting their major league performance.

• bmags unpinned this topic