Sox vs Minny 7/4/22 game thread Sweet Home Chicago, without Tony

5 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Didn't watch all weekend. Won't be watching tomorrow either with all the festivities. But damn it if they didn't rope me back in. 

The schedule should keep them within 2.5-4.5 games back the rest of the way without much doing. Winning wont excite  me, but run differential will. That’s the rope for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• bmags pinned this topic

Liking Cueto going as the calm veteran presence today. High stakes series, and the whole team knows it. It’s like we’ve been procrastinating for exam week, and now it’s upon us… except it’s an entire month.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I’ve been away all weekend, are there moves expected?

Hendriks and Engel for sure today. Maybe Eloy. Yaz should be soon as well but doubtful today. 

• Thanks 1

The big boys need to show up. When 3 of your 4 best hitters in the last 2 weeks are Zavala, Sheets and Harrison guys like Vaughn, Robert, Tim,Pollock and Moncada need to step it up. Those other 3 guys and Abreu need the help. Who knows maybe we see Eloy here today too.

In his last 113 PA Robert has walked 2 times for a measly 1.8 % walk rate. On the year it's 2.9% , the same as Leury Garcia.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

I'm feeling a sweep so we can finally forget about winning anything this year. Hopefully it's bad enough for Tony to leave the dugout for the last time in his long and storied career. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

The next 3 weeks feature 15 games vs Minn and Cleveland. I predict sox will be in first place at the end of that stretch.

If the Sox are not in first at the end of the stretch, they will not be going anywhere this year. It's no longer early. The weather is fine. No more excuses.

14 minutes ago, Highland said:

If the Sox are not in first at the end of the stretch, they will not be going anywhere this year. It's no longer early. The weather is fine. No more excuses.

If they are still in 3rd place, then there’s a problem.

In 2006, the White Sox were right there going into August.  Then got lapped.  

Or look at the 2012 White Sox, or 2008, or 2003.  August and September tell the tale, as long as you don’t lose sight of the leaders in April/May.

Anything is possible.

But they have to at the very least play better than .500 against the Twins from here on out, since they’re already 1-7.

Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, Highland said:

If the White Sox think they are the best team in the AL Central, now is the time to show it.

I don't think they are yet. Once Jimenez and Hendriks get back and going then we can assess.

29 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I don't think they are yet. Once Jimenez and Hendriks get back and going then we can assess.

If jimenez comes back they'll probably send Burger down so unless Eloy is back in 2019/2020 form it's a wash or even a downgrade if he performs like he did so far this season.  Let's hope he comes back raking right from the get-go.

13 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

If jimenez comes back they'll probably send Burger down so unless Eloy is back in 2019/2020 form it's a wash or even a downgrade if he performs like he did so far this season.  Let's hope he comes back raking right from the get-go.

Burger has hardly played since Moncada came back and he doesn't ay the OF so they are really independent.  It's more can he out produce Sheets/Haseley. 

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Burger has hardly played since Moncada came back and he doesn't ay the OF so they are really independent.  It's more can he out produce Sheets/Haseley. 

I doubt they send Sheets down for Eloy and sending down Hasely who can play outfield, for Jimenez who should play mostly DH, wouldn't be wise (although that never stops the Sox management).  With Eloy back, Burger will probably get even less ABs than he has since Moncada's been back and he's too valuable to have just sitting on the bench doing nothing.  He needs to be playing every day to get his ABs and he can play 3B every day at Charlotte to improve his defense and be ready to come back up and contribute if Yoan gets injured again.

1 minute ago, flavum said:

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if they postponed tonight’s game because of the shooting/active shooter situation. It would be justified. 

You talking about Highland Park?  That's a long way from GR stadium and that happened earlier this morning.  If they're going to cancel for something like that, they should probably move far away from Chicago.

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

You talking about Highland Park?  That's a long way from GR stadium and that happened earlier this morning.  If they're going to cancel for something like that, they should probably move far away from Chicago.

And with that, I’m sorry I even mentioned it.

People suck. Happy 4th.

• Thanks 2