GT 7/5: MIN @ SOX, The day after

I've watched very little baseball the last four days, but I saw we went 3-1. I assume nothing else of consequence has happened, just that we've played good baseball and I plan to look no further into it.

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, pcq said:

Engel Grandal and Moncada are broken down players. Robert is a baseball dunce. Eloy is damaged goods. These are the guys they will contend with?

However, on a happier note...Zavala, Sheets, Cueto, and McGuire have been pleasant additions to our banged-up troops.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

However, on a happier note...Zavala, Sheets, Cueto, and McGuire have been pleasant additions to our banged-up troops.

Sheets has been decent since his last callup but he's still been brutal this season, nor is/was he really an 'addition". He was the plan A for DH, which I think many here told you all offseason was a colossal mistake. And well...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sheets has been decent since his last callup but he's still been brutal this season, nor is/was he really an 'addition". He was the plan A for DH, which I think many here told you all offseason was a colossal mistake. And well...

Sheets and Zavala are pretty much known quantities at this point, though not incapable of a surprising moment or two. It is not like they've suddenly broken onto the scene out of nowhere or anything. 

Just now, Tnetennba said:

Sheets and Zavala are pretty much known quantities at this point, though not incapable of a surprising moment or two. It is not like they've suddenly broken onto the scene out of nowhere or anything. 

For sure. The only one of that group that’s been a true pleasant surprise is Cueto. Zavala has been pretty darn good in a sss - he deserves props - but have to imagine regression is coming very soon. Rees is a fine glove first backup catcher that can’t hit a lick, which is about what he all thought. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

For sure. The only one of that group that’s been a true pleasant surprise is Cueto. Zavala has been pretty darn good in a sss - he deserves props - but have to imagine regression is coming very soon. Rees is a fine glove first backup catcher that can’t hit a lick, which is about what he all thought. 

Yeah, many of us spent all winter debunking the Sheets RF myths.  Seby played plenty last year and outside of his 3 homer game he pretty much sucks ass.  McGuire had plenty of time in the Jays org to get a good read on him before coming over.  Cueto at his age was really the only unknown quantity coming onto the Sox scene.  Painting them as pleasant surprise additions seems pretty silly to me.

• Fire 1

59 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Eloy and MJ nothing but net. Rick Hahn thought he had ordered room service at Fountain Bleau with his World Series core but we all ended up in line at Lubys for the leftovers. 

22 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I said as long as Sheets, Vaughn, Eloy, and Engel were on the team they had to play somewhere (that being RF, LF, and DH/1st base...all of these observations were made in the conversations concerning whether money is spent on RF or 2nd base.  I felt the available money should be at 2nd base.  Nothing has changed my mind.  Sheets has actually been better in RF than I thought.  Vaughn was quite adequate in RF as well before being curtailed.  Plan A for DH was all of the above plus Eloy.  My wording of "addition" was meant in the context of being recently recalled but I agree he and Zavala don't qualify as new guys. 

7 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Weather keeps getting pushed back so who knows

It's here. There was just a Tornado Warning in McHenry county. 

If they start this game they're wasting a Kopech start. 

Based on what I saw on the radar they have about an hour and a half window. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

Yeah weather seems baad but not im not a radar dude so idk

honestly, i root for this team to lose and lose bad right now. I'm no longer interested in cheering for a TLR-led team. I watch for disaster. Let's go Twinkies. Put us out of misery.

2 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Yeah weather seems baad but not im not a radar dude so idk

honestly, i root for this team to lose and lose bad right now. I'm no longer interested in cheering for a TLR-led team. I watch for disaster. Let's go Twinkies. Put us out of misery.

Then you should hope they start the game. Would be wasting a Kopech start. They'll probably end up getting suspended and finish tomorrow. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Then you should hope they start the game. Would be wasting a Kopech start. They'll probably end up getting suspended and finish tomorrow. 

I agree, looking at the radar it sure looks unlikely they get it in.