4. Jose Abreu, 1B
  5. Eloy Jimenez, LF
  6. Joey Gallo, RF*
  7. Luis Robert, CF
  8. Yasmani Grandal, C#
  9. Yoan Moncada, 3B#

May not be realistic, but would certainly be a more powerful lineup against RHP

• Like 1

Also, don’t see Colas getting moved unless he’s the headliner for someone like Bryan Ramos.  Hahn has struggled to acquire a quality left-handed power bat in recent years (outside of Grandal) and our minor league OF depth isn’t exactly super promising at the moment.  I think Montgomery, Colas, & Vera are more or less untouchables, with guys like Sosa & Ramos more likely to be moved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

This is what I'm afraid of.  The farm is pretty barren, but I fear they go all KW to bolster a flawed roster in a desperate attempt to make a run.

Yep. A futile and stupid gesture is what we need.

This team needs a 2 week stretch of good baseball just to be considered possibly worthy of a boost. Possibly.

Edited by Chick Mercedes

26 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Trade Pollock for Gallo

Trade Sosa+ for Brandon Lowe

1. Tim Anderson, SS
  2. Andrew Vaughn, DH
  3. Brandon Lowe, 2B*
  4. Jose Abreu, 1B
  5. Eloy Jimenez, LF
  6. Joey Gallo, RF*
  7. Luis Robert, CF
  8. Yasmani Grandal, C#
  9. Yoan Moncada, 3B#

If the rays want sosa and Hahn thinks he’s expendable, you keep Sosa

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Trade Pollock for Gallo

1. Tim Anderson, SS
  2. Andrew Vaughn, DH
  3. Brandon Lowe, 2B*
  4. Jose Abreu, 1B
  5. Eloy Jimenez, LF
  6. Joey Gallo, RF*
  7. Luis Robert, CF
  8. Yasmani Grandal, C#
  9. Yoan Moncada, 3B#

Isn't Brandon Lowe currently on the 60-day IL?

Edit: I guess he would fit in!

Edit 2: just checked, starts rehab assignment today.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

You might also add Sosa and Colas to that list.  Just a hunch there.

I'm guessing Sosa, Vera, Colas and Montgomery are safe unless a big fish can be had.

1) The FO clearly likes Sosa unlike TLR

2) Vera just got here

3) I think people are buying into a manufactured Instagram controversy way to much with Colas relative to his performance. 

4) Montgomery is self explanatory.

I will add Kath to that list.

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

I'm guessing Sosa, Vera, Colas and Montgomery are safe unless a big fish can be had.

2) Vera just got here

3) I think people are buying into a manufactured Instagram controversy way to much with Colas relative to his performance. 

I don't see Kath as close to those other 4 guys.

For all those still clamoring, Joey Gallo is 2 for his last 36.  Sounds like he would be a perfect fit. (but he homered yesterday in a shellacking of the Pirates, for optimists.)  And, no, the Yankees aren’t going to trade him for AJ Pollock.  On the other hand, it would be hard for Menechino to make him any worse.  For the entire month of June, he was a sizzling 9/65.

Josh Bell should be their #1 choice because the Royals will ask for too much for Benintendi.

Jazz Chisholm would require sending the Sox top 5 prospects out.  Never gonna happen.

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

For all those still clamoring, Joey Gallo is 2 for his last 36.  Sounds like he would be a perfect fit. (but he homered yesterday in a shellacking of the Pirates, for optimists.)  And, no, the Yankees aren’t going to trade him for AJ Pollock.  On the other hand, it would be hard for Menechino to make him any worse.  For the entire month of June, he was a sizzling 9/65.

Josh Bell should be their #1 choice because the Royals will ask for too much for Benintendi.

Jazz Chisholm would require sending the Sox top 5 prospects out.  Never gonna happen.

Buying low on guys who fail in NYC isn't a bad strategy

23 minutes ago, Quin said:

2) Vera just got here

Nobody is safe until we know who is actually making the final decisions.

Hahn and TLR both currently have reasons to be more short-sighted in their visions than anything extending beyond the end of the 2023 season.

That’s when a final reckoning will come for both if they miss the playoffs two consecutive years.  Another first round wipeout might not be enough to protect either of them because season ticket sales will be nosediving short of finally dipping into FA for a $175+ million player.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Buying low on guys who fail in NYC isn't a bad strategy

Who are you going to buy low with?  Pollock won’t get past their scouts.

And it’s not like the Yankees have a dying need for Engel…plus the NY media would just focus on his role in the 8-5 triple play debacle.

Sheets?  Not a high enough degree of confidence in his “rebound”…and they wouldn’t dare play him in the OF like the Sox are doing.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Who are you going to buy low with?  Pollock won’t get past their scouts.

And it’s not like the Yankees have a dying need for Engel…plus the NY media would just focus on his role in the 8-5 triple play debacle.

Sheets?  Not a high enough degree of confidence in his “rebound”…and they wouldn’t dare play him in the OF like the Sox are doing.

There could also be a prospects deal which gets them guys that other teams want to get the OF they want, or something else. 

51 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

trades.wont.fix.this.team

They need to be a little more serious in the FA market.  Interesting that the teams that come out benefiting from the trade deadline are teams that are looking for supplements instead of dire need.  The Sox will be seeking deals from a side of weakness.

Once again they will try to use NL players to fill that need.  Maybe, just maybe it will work this time.   We are talking about a NL pitcher who has to learn a new set of hitters, parks, and catchers.    That's not gonna work mid season.  Paper is logical but history is reality.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Trade Pollock for Gallo

1. Tim Anderson, SS
  2. Andrew Vaughn, DH
  3. Brandon Lowe, 2B*
  4. Jose Abreu, 1B
  5. Eloy Jimenez, LF
  6. Joey Gallo, RF*
  7. Luis Robert, CF
  8. Yasmani Grandal, C#
  9. Yoan Moncada, 3B#

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/brandon-lowe/18882/stats?position=2B
The Rays would ask for Luis Robert, be rejected, then move on to Vaughn PLUS Burger, believing they could fix Jake defensively and turn him into Max Muncy, Jr.

Lowe has a very favorable contract and already has recorded one 4.9 fWAR season.  They would laugh at names like Sosa or Ramos.

They really need a healthy Lowe or someone who is major league ready and capable of replacing his numbers.

Edited by caulfield12

20 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If you are hitting like shit in a Yankees lineup I can't see that improving here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Why would the Yankees want Pollock? Obviously Gallo has been a disappointment but his upside is for sure higher than Pollock’s if he can turn it around.

Fans assume there are other naive GMs not named Rick Hahn.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kitekrazy said:

If you are hitting like shit in a Yankees lineup I can't see that improving here.

I get that, and you are most likely correct, although there are many players that just can't handle NYC. But I would definitely trade Pollock for him. You might be stuck with Pollock another year for 8 figures if he stays around.

7 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

They need to be a little more serious in the FA market.  Interesting that the teams that come out benefiting from the trade deadline are teams that are looking for supplements instead of dire need.  The Sox will be seeking deals from a side of weakness.

Once again they will try to use NL players to fill that need.  Maybe, just maybe it will work this time.   We are talking about a NL pitcher who has to learn a new set of hitters, parks, and catchers.    That's not gonna work mid season.  Paper is logical but history is reality.  

When they actually spend $150-175 million on a FA position player, fans will only then start to believe they’re actually serious about making more than cosmetic changes.