7/11- White Sox at Guardians, 6:10

flavum

• Quin pinned this topic

Pick up a game on the Twins prior to Thursday and I will be happy.  4 GB heading into a 4 game series. That will likely require 3 out of 4 from Cleveland assuming Twins don't lose both to the Brewers. 

25 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Pick up a game on the Twins prior to Thursday and I will be happy.  4 GB heading into a 4 game series. That will likely require 3 out of 4 from Cleveland assuming Twins don't lose both to the Brewers. 

It truly is amazing that they are still this close.  It continues to be all in their own hands but they have to start playing better in their own damn division.  Huge 8 games before the break.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

It truly is amazing that they are still this close.  It continues to be all in their own hands but they have to start playing better in their own damn division.  Huge 8 games before the break.

Yep.  If they somehow go 7-1 (lay off the crack, I know), they'll be in the first place at the ASB.   

Well, thankfully they are not 12 games back like they were when they were intentionally tanking with a 41-43 record in 2019. So there’s that.

AL Central Division 7/4/19 

Tm W L W-L% GB RS RA pythW-L%
MIN 54 32 .628 -- 486 379 .612
CLE 48 38 .558 6.0 378 366 .515
CHW 41 43 .488 12.0 372 442 .422
DET 28 55 .337 24.5 296 447 .320
KCR 29 59 .330 26.0 373 457 .408
  • Haha 2

I don't have a good feeling about this stretch since it seems like the Sox never play well in Cleveland and Minnesota. It is time for them to show they are the best team in the division. It had been assumed the White Sox would coast to a division crown. Obviously, that is not happening. 

The white Sox have been playing quite well on the road but equally poor against the AL Central. I do not know which of these trends wins out. 

I do expect that over an 8 game high pressure stretch at least one of these threads will blow up because the manager gives a game away, and I’ll bet there’s a 9th or extra inning win somewhere in here.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Forgot about the doubleheader. 

They're totally going 4-4 then. 

Jack, many owe you an apology for ripping on you when you said Cleveland and Minnesota have better teams than the Sox. This prediction was before the season started or very early on if I recall. 

34 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Jack, many owe you an apology for ripping on you when you said Cleveland and Minnesota have better teams than the Sox. This prediction was before the season started or very early on if I recall. 

I never said they had better teams, I did say they were right there though. 

54 minutes ago, flavum said:

8 games. W tonight. Two losses tomorrow. Win Wednesday. Go to Minnesota. Only win on Saturday. 3-5.

Part of me thinks some of the leaked drama boils over on this trip and they crash and burn.  2-6 or 1-7 would not surprise me one bit.  I would welcome it if it meant change, but...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Part of me thinks some of the leaked drama boils over on this trip and they crash and burn.  2-6 or 1-7 would not surprise me one bit.  I would welcome it if it meant change, but...

It's not hard to stop and look at this last press story as something that is the final straw in the clubhouse with a team that is already having some major problems.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's not hard to stop and look at this last press story as something that is the final straw in the clubhouse with a team that is already having some major problems.

If they come out and shit the bed tonight in embarrassing fashion, I would expect more to leak out.  It does feel like a teetering at the brink moment for the clubhouse and possibly the FO.

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

It’s crazy that we could be 3.5 games back before the Twins finish their next game. 

8 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

It’s crazy that we could be 3.5 games back before the Twins finish their next game. 

Yep.  To say this is a critical week would be an understatement.

Based on what we've seen from this team, I am expecting a 3-5 week and heading into the break with a whimper.  But I'd love to see 6-2 or better....would sure brighten the outlook and attitude for the 2nd half.  Fingers crossed.  

• Like 1