7/12 GT Gm 1 @NoonCT: Sox play 2 today, if you care

ChiSox59

5 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Davis Martin is trying his best to stick as an MLB starter, im sure its stressful. I bet he was so happy when he got called back up for this double header, however I wonder what his thoughts were when he saw the lineup card and realized there are 2 DHs playing at the corner outfields. 

I really like this major league paycheck was probably #1

• Like 1

Quite amazing that there is literally a stat that shows when Leury starts, this team is one of the worst in the league.  Yet Tony keeps putting him in every day hoping for that heater 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Right, theres' a little known rule that if you have a really good player you can elect to have them play two position (so Leury will be SS and 2B) and also bat twice.

I thought the rule pertained to big time players.

“He’s a big-time player and he got a big-time hit, and that was a big-time arm out there. He’s special. I mean that was huge for us.”

Never mind…still applies.

• TLR 2

1 hour ago, elrockinMT said:

Striving mightily to win May be the answer 

I always like the positive vibes El Rockin. There's a lot to be said in many areas of life where a collective positive thought or excitement, be it through prayer or firewalking crowds or healing the body, does something to help. Even the scientific community isn't totally negative on that theory.

30 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Quite amazing that there is literally a stat that shows when Leury starts, this team is one of the worst in the league.  Yet Tony keeps putting him in every day hoping for that heater 

No sense eating ourselves up about it anymore. His bar is so low that when he takes an 0-fer it doesn't move the needle but those few days he drops in a couple hits it just further solidifies himself as a preferred fixture in the lineup.