Shane Riordan sucks and knows nothing

ChiSox59

22 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Who is this Shane Riordan fellow?

Long time Score producer(?).  He's made claims in the past but has never really backed it up.  IDK if he has any real sources, but he's close enough to get people excited when he says shit like this.

They fire Hahn and make Tony the GM?  

Rick should've walked away when JR went over his head for the manager position. 

Fire TLR and bring back Ricky to finish the year.  

Why can't we ever have a real manager? 

edit- what's Bochy doing these days? 

Edited by black jack

2 minutes ago, black jack said:

I assume Hahn thought the team could succeed despite the stupid hiring.  I too thought this, so I don't blame him for stepping down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, black jack said:

edit- what's Bochy doing these days? 

Isn't Bochy 70? Why would you go there

• Like 1

It's a little known fact that the Chicago White Sox managerial position is Terry Francona's dream job.....look for Terry to be managing the White Sox in Game Two of the DH.....Miguel Cairo will be in the dugout for Cleveland, if they can find him.

• Hawk 1

10 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I think retirement / club ambassador is most likely avenue.  Maybe a special assistant to Kenny or JR.  

It won't be a firing.  JR just won't allow it.  Resign for health or personal reasons (aka relieved of his duties) or "promoted" into a powerless FO position is our best hope.

10 minutes ago, black jack said:

I know Maddon is tainted, but would his weird style be enough to light a fire for the second half if they brought him in as interim to finish the season? 

I would 100% hire Maddon a second. I think he would be exactly what the dr ordered.  That said - I expect whomever they hired for the rest of the season would be internal. But who knows - maybe Kenny has been on a plane and talking with Paulie or AJP (would never shock me).  I don't see it being Ozzie (although I 100% think he wants the job).  One of the minor league guys, i.e, Jirschelle is probably my personal ideal candidate.

With that said - if I were in charge I would go with Bochy.  

1 minute ago, wegner said:

It's a little known fact that the Chicago White Sox managerial position is Terry Francona's dream job.....look for Terry to be managing the White Sox in Game Two of the DH.....Miguel Cairo will be in the dugout for Cleveland, if they can find him.

What exactly does Miguel Cairo do here? I don’t think I’ve seen/heard from someone less in an organization than I have with that guy. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

What exactly does Miguel Cairo do here? I don’t think I’ve seen/heard from someone less in an organization than I have with that guy. 

I'd love that Bench Coach job....great seats and you clearly do jack shit.

• Like 5