Shane Riordan sucks and knows nothing

ChiSox59

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Not happening 

Did I read a tweet from you about Reinsdorf considering AJ!  I can’t find it now, so I may be making this up.  That would be so typical Reinsdorf White Sox.  One fuck up after another.

Edited by JTB
Typo

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

How about Tony? You hearing any rumblings? Please tell me yes. Pretty please. 

This definitely feels like an inflection point with Ozzie and Stone breaking bad on Tony. Kenny being around is telling. He’d fire Tony if it were entirely his call. I don’t think anyone knows what will happen 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

This definitely feels like an inflection point with Ozzie and Stone breaking bad on Tony. Kenny being around is telling. He’d fire Tony if it were entirely his call. I don’t think anyone knows what will happen 

It does seem like the Sox Wall is springing some leaks.

7 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

There is a lot of egos involved with this, I have to imagine calling a spade a spade Is extremely difficult, plus you need to decide who is coming in next.  Either way, we are in the midst of a disaster season in the middle of a contention window declared by the team.  It’s just unacceptable play this season 

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I keep thinking All Star Break is where changes happen. I just don't want to be 0-8. I am hoping they can get to needed changes and still finish between here and than around .500 (on the week) - so they aren't any more burried heading into the 2nd half of the season (and give the new coach that ASB window to start making his splash and meeting players, etc).  

Yep. They need to be at the max 7 games out of a playoff spot at the break when Tony steps down. However, I don't like the way the Sox do things. Usually when a manager gets canned or "retires" it comes during the season (like Phils this year) and the team rattles off several wins in a row and has a nice stretch. Doing this at the all star break will stink. They'll announce it on home run derby day then we'll have time for it to sink in with the team and it'll be all organized with a team meeting and the "shock value" will be gone. Instead of just accepting the choice as Phils had to do with Thompson there will be debate how the new guy won't matter and u wait, Sox won't get the usual jolt and WILL NOT go on 5-10 game win streak with the new skipper.

Do it TONIGHT and get some value out of it White Sox!

2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Who is this Shane Riordan fellow?

2 hours ago, Superstar Lamar said:

A producer on one of the shows at the Score.  That is one step above poster at Soxtalk as far as being tied in to the front office

Haven't seen replies to this, but he did break the firing of the Charlotte Manager before it was public. He also is the only one on the Score Rick Hahn is willing to be interviewed by.

Worse case scenario, this is just another log thrown onto the fire started by Kenny Williams' leak to Bob Nightingale, and Ozzie and Steve Stone's on record open criticism the past few days. Seems like Jerry has given the signal to try to smoke out Tony from his hole. same as he did when he unleashed the hounds to smear Ricky Renteria in the Summer of 2020 to make way for Tony La Russa.

• Thanks 1

Dude, LaRussa came back to manage this team and try to win a championship with what was seemingly a loaded roster. I doubt he has any interest in working in a front office roll. He was retired guys. 

4 minutes ago, T R U said:

Dude, LaRussa came back to manage this team and try to win a championship with what was seemingly a loaded roster. I doubt he has any interest in working in a front office roll. He was retired guys. 

LaRussa was in the Angels front office before the Sox requested to interview him I do believe

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

LaRussa was in the Angels front office before the Sox requested to interview him I do believe

Yeah looks like he was some special advisor actually. Either way, I don’t see this happening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bmags said:

see...the hard thing is Thome is one of the best people on this planet and I can't even hate it.

Dunno if you guys remember The Dugout/Word Up Thome but

WordUpThome: HEY TEAM, JI
WordUpThome: JIM THOME HERE, NEW MANAGER OF YOUR CHICAGO WHITE STOXS

WordUpThome: FIRST ITEM ON THE OL' AGENDER - HAVE YOU ALL, PERCHANCE, CONSIDERED SOCKING A FEW MORE DINGERS HERE & ANON?
WordUpThome: I THINK IT WOULD GREATLY IMPROVE OUR CHANCE OF VICTORY AGAINST THOSE PESKY IND GUARDIANS AND TWIN CITY TRASH BAGS

WordUpThome: THANKS I'LL HANG UP AND LISTEN

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

There is a 99% chance if therr is any truth to this that it will be McEwing or Cairo. I would like something different,  but either of those guys is an upgrade.

Ugh!! They need to ditch everyone.  I see it as a lateral move.