Yoan Moncada, Chicago Public Enemy #1

southsider2k5

6 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I've never understood why Chicago is known for their hot dogs without ketchup and deep dish pizza when the Italian Beef is a much better local product.

Not to mention, the thin crust pizza is a better local product. 

I hate having to explain this to people around me here in South Carolina when I tell them I am from Chicago and they immediately bring up deep dish. They can't even comprehend that we have thin crust back home. Much less that it's fantastic. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Cuban

Garlic Fries

Chicago Dog hold the Sport Peppers need the celery salt... I think sport peppers are more of a garnish does anyone eat them?

I like a good plain cheese dog

I have no opinion on ketchup.  I will put on if I make it with mustard relish and celery salt

I have been known to eat the sport peppers.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Cuban

Garlic Fries

Chicago Dog hold the Sport Peppers need the celery salt... I think sport peppers are more of a garnish does anyone eat them?

I like a good plain cheese dog

I have no opinion on ketchup.  I will put on if I make it with mustard relish and celery salt

Of course you eat the sport peppers. I love them on a hotdog. Chicago style is simply the best way. I do however enjoy them ballpark style - smothered to the top with grilled onions. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, reiks12 said:

as someone who hasnt lived in illinois in the last 17 years, Chicago hotdogs hit different. I always make it a point to grab some hot dogs when i come up. 

But a lot of it has to do with the beef.  Specifically Vienna beef, which is far superior.  I live in New York.  Nathan's hot dogs are shit.  They are so bad that at Mets games, I make a point of standing in the ShakeShack line just for hot dogs because they carry Vienna Beef.

9 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

I have been known to eat the sport peppers.  

When one slips through the five hole I think they over power everything and why I pass on them. 

In regard to Yoan, him having a stellar second half would make me forget that I hated him with a furious passion rather recently. 

10 hours ago, Colome's Hat said:

But a lot of it has to do with the beef.  Specifically Vienna beef, which is far superior.  I live in New York.  Nathan's hot dogs are shit.  They are so bad that at Mets games, I make a point of standing in the ShakeShack line just for hot dogs because they carry Vienna Beef.

My wife went to visit a friend in Michigan a couple of weekends ago....she said her friend was on a Nathan's hot dog kick and I responded "gross".   I agree with you that they are awful.  Hebrew Nationals are made in Michigan and would be a much better alternative to Nathan's imo.

18 hours ago, wegner said:

Speaking of condiments, my wife prefers a combination of mustard and ketchup when she has fries.  Anyone else?

I've been informed by my better half that she believes I did not properly describe how she eats her fries.....she puts some ketchup down and and some mustard down next to the ketchup but they never touch,  Then she drags her fries in the valley between so she gets both the ketchup and mustard.  But once again the mustard and ketchup never should mix.  So that's corrected.  I do apologize for the previous erroneous reporting.

Edited by wegner
miss spell
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, wegner said:

I've been informed by my better half that she believes I did not properly describe how she eats her fries.....she puts some ketchup down and and some mustard down next to the ketchup but they never touch,  Then she drags her fries in the valley between so she gets both the ketchup and mustard.  But once again the mustard and ketchup never should mix.  So that's corrected.  I do apologize for the previous erroneous reporting.

My chip dip is thoroughly blended to a delicious orange concoction. I find your wife's method very curious. :)

On 7/20/2022 at 3:06 PM, reiks12 said:

as someone who hasnt lived in illinois in the last 17 years, Chicago hotdogs hit different. I always make it a point to grab some hot dogs when i come up. 

Left last century . . . My first few meals when in town. 

Deep Dish from Lou's - sausage and mushroom

Portillo's hotdog, run in through the garden and don't let it come close to a ketchup container.

Sammy's beef with extra giardiniera

Bill's thin crust sausage, mushroom, onion, green pepper. Leftovers for breakfast, cold. 

I may be the only person in Texas history to eat healthier once they moved TO Texas. 

On 7/20/2022 at 9:34 PM, Richie said:

Not to mention, the thin crust pizza is a better local product. 

I hate having to explain this to people around me here in South Carolina when I tell them I am from Chicago and they immediately bring up deep dish. They can't even comprehend that we have thin crust back home. Much less that it's fantastic. 

Nothing like some square cut thin crust pizza.