Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

Gallo has been above-average in RF (by UZR and DRS) every year of his career. I think there' a lot of upside to his bat if you get him out of NY and he's a significantly better defender than Joc & Gamel. I think he's the guy to target if the Sox don't want to pay up for Happ or Reynolds.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Gallo has been above-average in RF (by UZR and DRS) every year of his career. I think there' a lot of upside to his bat if you get him out of NY and he's a significantly better defender than Joc & Gamel. I think he's the guy to target if the Sox don't want to pay up for Happ or Reynolds.

Gallo will be such a train wreck.

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Or maybe he'll be the 4.5 win player he was last season. Most guys don't fall off a cliff at 28.

I’d be more confident if he was on the Twins or Indians than I would if he was on our squad.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Does anyone actually believe it makes sense to send important pieces out while TLR is still the manager?

And I mean underachieving or oft-injured players on the 25 man MLB roster…

The window isn't going to get any more wide open. The Braves were 50-53 at this time last year with Acuna & Soroka done for the season. Just get in the playoffs and see what happens.

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The window isn't going to get any more wide open. The Braves were 50-53 at this time last year with Acuna & Soroka done for the season. Just get in the playoffs and see what happens.

Fine trade the entire farm system except this year’s drafted pitchers and Montgomery/Colas/Vera.

Just have to roll the dice I guess.

If they totally gut the farm system and fail miserably, Hahn or JR or TLR have to gone somehow.

If they win, great too.

Edited by caulfield12

17 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Does anyone actually believe it makes sense to send important pieces out while TLR is still the manager?

And I mean underachieving or oft-injured players on the 25 man MLB roster…

Does it make sense to keep employing the pickled brain fuck to manage this team?  No it does not, yet here we are.   What about this team does make sense?

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Does it make sense to keep employing the pickled brain fuck to manage this team?  No it does not, yet here we are.   What about this team does make sense?

If you could guarantee Tony is gone after the season, then maybe I'd be fine with not doing any additions to this team. But I don't think the stars will ever perfectly align, because it's the White Sox, so they might as well try to win when they're this close to a playoff spot.

Again, I know they're a huge outlier, but I guarantee no one on Bravestalk was saying they'd win the WS being below .500 in July with their best player and (arguably) best pitcher done for the year. Randomness outweighs everything during the playoffs otherwise the Dodgers would win the WS every year.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

If you could guarantee Tony is gone after the season, then maybe I'd be fine with not doing any additions to this team. But I don't think the stars will ever perfectly align, because it's the White Sox, so they might as well try to win when they're this close to a playoff spot.

Again, I know they're a huge outlier, but I guarantee no one on Bravestalk was saying they'd win the WS being below .500 in July with their best player and (arguably) best pitcher done for the year. Randomness outweighs everything during the playoffs otherwise the Dodgers would win the WS every year.

We know their ills all too well to expect them to make much noise, but I tend to agree.  Playoffs > not making it, even if they get obliterated.  It’s still an accomplishment, even for this sorry ass org. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

And yet the Astros have made the ALCS 5 years in a row, including 3 World Series appearances. 

On the other side of the coin, you have the White Sox, who have made back-to-back playoff appearances for the first time in their 121-year history, and were outclassed by a somewhat wide margin in both series. 

You don't have to just count on luck to be successful in the playoffs. Yes, some years crazy things happen. And yes, some years everything comes together over those 170 or so games ( see 2005 White Sox.) But having a deep, talented roster that is well-managed sure seems to help your chances. I'd like that for the team I root for, but unfortunately we can't seem to have nice things. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

ARe you giving up or not? Playing both sides of the fence so you can claim you were right either way ?

I want them to do nothing or sell but I know it's not their MO. 

They're going to buy. I just have to hope they don't do anything stupid.