Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes he is. They haven't had a RF or 2B during this "multi-championship" window, and I'd argue they need a starting catcher as well now that Grandal is down (thanks for the five good months for $73M).

Yep, don't disagree they didn't make the moves needed to make the team better in the off-season and these same holes remain. I would still argue though that this team should be better than they are performing. Hahn isn't wrong to expect his core players to be  playing better though.

• Like 1

Just now, spiderman said:

Yep, don't disagree they didn't make the moves needed to make the team better in the off-season and these same holes remain. I would still argue though that this team should be better than they are performing. Hahn isn't wrong to expect his core players to be  playing better though.

I agree on a few players, but when you read Hahn's top deadline priority is RP, and not these permanent holes, it's either because

1. He has no money available to make it work.
  2. They don't believe they have holes at RF, 2B, C
  3. They don't believe this team is going anywhere.

Would say it's a combination of all three. Would still like to see them sell off the expensive veterans as best as possible tomorrow and this offseason. I don't see Jerry bumping up payroll with season tickets likely dropping due to this poor season and another year of Tony and Hahn on the horizon.

27 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I agree on a few players, but when you read Hahn's top deadline priority is RP, and not these permanent holes, it's either because

Would say it's a combination of all three. Would still like to see them sell off the expensive veterans as best as possible tomorrow and this offseason. I don't see Jerry bumping up payroll with season tickets likely dropping due to this poor season and another year of Tony and Hahn on the horizon.

Combo of 1 & 3. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

They are what their record says they are.

That's true. Really, they have been a .500 team over the last full season since the all star break. It's a lost season to this point. If I'm Rich Hahn, it's just hard to justify making any large moves on a .500 team even if many of us think this team should be performing better than this.

3 minutes ago, spiderman said:

That's true. Really, they have been a .500 team over the last full season since the all star break. It's a lost season to this point. If I'm Rich Hahn, it's just hard to justify making any large moves on a .500 team even if many of us think this team should be performing better than this.

Rick Hahn needs to be fired himself. 

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Selling would be an admission of failure, and as much as I think they need to, they won’t.  Shitty reliever and maybe fringe SP or OF waiver claim and continue in delusion of making that elusive playoff push. 

• Hawk 1

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Selling would be an admission of failure, and as much as I think they need to, they won’t.  Shitty reliever and maybe fringe SP or OF waiver claim and continue in delusion of making that elusive playoff push. 

They will NEVER sell before tomorrow's deadline. They are incapable of admitting mistakes, of which TLR is the biggest. Besides, if JR doesn't let Hahn add more dead weight DH's and rental RP's tomorrow, fans will stop coming and JR won't be able to sell his $12 beers and overpriced parking. 

Astros have cut 16% from payroll but still have one of the two best teams in the AL after five consecutive ALCS appearances.

Middle ten payroll in baseball but have already addressed every single area of weakness other than CF.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/08/astros-searching-for-center-field-help.html

Added Trey Mancini, LHR Will Smith and C Christian Vasquez.

That's how you roll when you have a team in that position...losing Correa and Springer over consecutive years.

And developing plenty of pitching internally helps most of all.

Edited by caulfield12

Today should be an eventful day.  I don't like the tweets I saw yesterday alluding to the Sox focusing on pitching and not hitting all while the team fell asleep at the plate...again.  Some new blood in the lineup could help, but I think we all know what needs to change.  Sleepy Tony and Useless Frank need to go.  There's no excuse for the miserable performance after miserable performance we've seen on offense this season.

The Sox will most likely add another bullpen arm, and I'm not sure if we'll see much else.  We've already heard that they had a seat at the Ohtani table, although it was most likely the kids' table off in the corner.  We'll probably also hear that they made an offer for Soto.  I think we'll have to face the fact that what we see on the field is what we'll have for the rest of the season...including plenty of Leury.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

if the Sox are serious about winning, and adding today, if they don't address their offense, they are idiots;

Other than lucking into Cueto who everyone passed on just like Rodon the previous season...nothing could support their arguments for insider knowledge and general competence.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Other than lucking into Cueto who everyone passed on just like Rodon the previous season...nothing could support their arguments for insider knowledge and general competence.

If Lance Lynn doesn't hurt his knee is spring training, they don't even sign Cueto.

21 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If Lance Lynn doesn't hurt his knee is spring training, they don't even sign Cueto.

Just like Pollock accidentally became the de facto LFer.

The plan was always for him to in competently play RF with that noodle arm.

Every hit to the gaps except Engel fielding results in nearly automatic doubles.

The Guardians are the masters at taking advantage of those opportunities.

Flip managers and the Sox lead the division by 4-6 games.

Edited by caulfield12

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

Some smoke about Soto to Padres is likely.  That would really stink, as I hate that org.

If only the Dodgers Yankees or Astros can win, is that really good for the sport?

How so?

At least the Padres actually try to win against the team with ten straight playoff appearances, biggest budget and best front office...

Edited by caulfield12