Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Supposedly Jesse Rogers said on the radio Sox want another reliever and a bench bat.  Can’t wait to overpay for Givens and add no power in Gamel or Kemp.

Time to welcome back David Robertson??

1 minute ago, fathom said:

True but they’ve made the team and the future of the teams way worse since last year’s deadline started.

How? Madrigal and Pilkington are not a huge loss. Both kinda suck. 

I get your argument if you're talking about payroll flexibility. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, fathom said:

According to Kaplan the other day, he hated his time with the Sox and the Sox didn’t like him.  Weird to hear because he’s generally very well-regarded.

Well a lot of bad baseball and weird shit went down when he was here 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Time to welcome back David Robertson??

Hell, even the Angels are smart enough to cut their losses and shed bullpen payroll when they are not competitive.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/08/blue-jays-interested-in-raisel-iglesias.html

Not Rick Hahn, an $100M bullpen is on his bucket list.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Lavelle Neal with Star Tribune won’t name names but clarified “more than a hunch” about forthcoming move/s.

The venerable "Footlong Comiskey Dog" has been alluding to Rodon to Twins all morning on Twitter, actually kind of hope it happens so he and Correa can walk after they're swept in the first round. 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

But dude, they’re getting Robert back even though they don’t know what’s wrong with him

I'm holding it in Fathom because Kimbrel didn't come until late just before the deadline. But good lord if the Twins add that much he'll be feeling the heat. 

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

According to Kaplan the other day, he hated his time with the Sox and the Sox didn’t like him.  Weird to hear because he’s generally very well-regarded.

That surprises me.

Also how can you stand listening to that asshat Kaplan?  I accidentally put his show on one morning,  it was an awful minute and a half....the best part was the Kars4Kids ad.

Edited by wegner
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

Honestly, his best move might just be to stand pat. He's not on the hot seat or going to get fired or anything.

What would be his motive besides a fuck you? That's not how professional GMs operate incompetent or not. 

1 minute ago, Baron said:

I'm holding it in Fathom because Kimbrel didn't come until late just before the deadline. But good lord if the Twins add that much he'll be feeling the heat. 

Sox don’t have money or prospects to get anything significant done.  They’re in baseball hell right now.

Just now, Baron said:

What would be his motive besides a fuck you? That's not how professional GMs operate incompetent or not. 

Who do you want him to trade for exactly? Brandon Drury? Kolten Wong? Ben Gamel?

Personally I'd rather see them go the other way and dangle guys like Cueto and Hendriks.

Edited by Bob Sacamano