Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

4 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

you could see signs well before..

the machado debacle, the trade deadline during the pandemic season

There were signs - but they also had plenty of good moves and at the time didn't need to push all the chips in.  Technically they made some good moves other than the mgr (Lynn was a good move at the time and they brought Rodon back). I never liked the TLR move. Reality is was they should have went harder for Machado and Harper - but there wasn't the same mandate that there would eventually be - but it increased future risk and they did nothing.  Outcomes matter and the outcomes got a heck of a lot worse at deadline last year and basically everything seen has been a disaster (and they have essentially been a .500 team since last years trade deadline to now after playing ridiculous baseball for the COVID season and pre-last years deadline.   

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Meh. I feel like I normally would be upset about the Sox sitting out the deadline, but this dead-ass miserable no offense team has me resigned to not caring at all at this point.

I mean, SOx just don't have much to give and I don't want them to trade Colas or Montgomery.  So you're left trying to make a move with Sosa, Rodriguez and Ramos as headliners...which can get you something decent, but not needle moving.  

I think standing pat is fine, though getting a left handed bat for RF would sure be nice.  

19 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

it's very very white sox.

we only find elite players worth considering, they just never consider us.

20 minutes ago, fathom said:

For the casual, non-twitter stalking fans, the Sox going from trying to get Ohtani to doing nothing is a horrible look.

I pointed this out to my bud earlier that it reminds me of when they were in on Machado and when Machado didn't sign, they didn't pivot to Harper, who was still available. Weird to have an offer out for Ohtani and the next day not be linked to Soto. Like, if you have a legit package out there for one why wouldn't you be connected to the other?

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

I pointed this out to my bud earlier that it reminds me of when they were in on Machado and when Machado didn't sign, they didn't pivot to Harper, who was still available. Weird to have an offer out for Ohtani and the next day not be linked to Soto. Like, if you have a legit package out there for one why wouldn't you be connected to the other?

Spoiler alert: they never had a serious offer for Ohtani. Don’t give this front office that much credit 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I doubt they had a legit offer out on Ohtani.  I don't know who that would even include.  

Edited by bighurt574

8 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Meh. I feel like I normally would be upset about the Sox sitting out the deadline, but this dead-ass miserable no offense team has me resigned to not caring at all at this point.

I do still like the idea of not going after rentals with this team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rick Hahn reminds me of GarPax. "Hey, we gave it an honest try", but in the end, overvaluing his own players, signing second rate stars or acquiring over the hill folks (I didn't like the Lynn deal the day it happened tbh) and you hear more about what they tried, and not about what they actually did.

Jerry has a type. And it's sad to see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

Spoiler alert: they never had a serious offer for Ohtani. Don’t give this front office that much credit 😂

1 minute ago, bighurt574 said:

I doubt they had a legit offer out on Ohtani.  I don't know who that would even include short of say Vaughn and Kopech.  

Definitely fair and basically what I/we all assume.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

2 minutes ago, bighurt574 said:

I doubt they had a legit offer out on Ohtani.  I don't know who that would even include.  

I'm sure they saw the Angels wanted the top 4 prospects in the system and said, oh here's our crappy top 4. Is that enough? 

Fuck it!!  At this point don't make some dumb trade......let these jokers sink or swim, led by Bozo the clown himself (TLR).  Maybe they will begin to play to their potential OR maybe they will just keep sucking!

No point in giving away guys who could be good in the future.

We are what we are!!!