Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

If the Sox really do come through the trade deadline with Jake Diekman as their main piece, this franchise gets everything they deserve from the fan base.  Ever since the day that they decided that Tony LaRussa was the finishing piece for this franchise, they have completely ignored the fan base in everything they do.  Hopefully the chants fill the stadium and continue to embarrass the franchise on a daily basis.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • TLR 1

Biggest move they can make is fire TLR.  

Everyone wanting them to trade just to trade.  Why lose some of your younger players for players that aren't going to help this team compete.  They can't field, they can't run the bases, they can't hit as a group.  This team has some bad MOJO, so why spend possible assets.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Feels like the Twins are the only team trying 

The Twins haven't won a playoff game since I was 14.  I turned 32 last week.  Carlos Correa is leaving after this season.  They absolutely should try.  

I'm happy that they didn't make any ill-conceived moves in a season where they're kidding themselves if they believe they have a shot. However, I feel like standing pat is the worst possible outcome. It's just another lost opportunity to change the makeup of the roster and possibly move players who might have been in demand. I would hope that they were at least listening on dealing from the current MLB roster.

Edited by skooch
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, skooch said:

I'm happy that they didn't make any ill-conceived moves in a season where they're kidding themselves if they believe they have a shot. However, I feel like standing pat is the worst possible outcome. It's just another lost opportunity to change the makeup of the roster and possibly move players who might have been in demand. I would hope that they were at least listening on dealing from the current MLB roster.

There is still ~100 minutes left…plenty of time for Hahn to overpay for Happ.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

There is still ~100 minutes left…plenty of time for Hahn to overpay for Happ.

Feels like the Cubs lineup containing Happ and Contreras is a bargaining tactic from Hoyer. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fathom said:

Ricky wanted another starting pitcher but Hahn said no

"He got Jarrod Dyson. Should have been satisfied. Game 3 was his fault, didn't manage his "starter" and bullpen right."

- SoxTalk, September-October 2020

"Rick Hahn is GM of the year. How dare you criticize his moves."

"Yasmani Grandal is elite. He will catch 120 games a season, just like he always has."

7 minutes ago, skooch said:

I'm happy that they didn't make any ill-conceived moves in a season where they're kidding themselves if they believe they have a shot. 

I'm with you 100% but if they aren't selling, there has to be an actual corner outfielder available for just the money remaining.  

Doing neither makes no sense to me.

Edited by GREEDY