Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, daggins said:

Meh, this team stinks. No reason to add around the edges, and I'm pretty sure no one cares about our "non-Colson or Colas" prospects enough to give anything good for them.

Standing pat is the right call. What are they gonna do, trade Abreu? 

Wellif hahn reading this forum and im sure ge does,hey rick u failed u failed big time man,go do something else for living like taxi drving

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m guessing something like Crochet, Ramos, & Popeye for Happ & Givens happens in the last 30 minutes and to me that’s a big overpay IMO.

Who knows what Crochet will turn into, especially given Tommy John Surgery.  I would be ok with that.  DO we think hitting at US cellular could give Happ bigger power numbers than he already has?

13 minutes ago, G13 said:

Biggest move they can make is fire TLR.  

Everyone wanting them to trade just to trade.  Why lose some of your younger players for players that aren't going to help this team compete.  They can't field, they can't run the bases, they can't hit as a group.  This team has some bad MOJO, so why spend possible assets.

I don't want them to trade just for the sake of trading. I want them to trade to help the team. But those in charge just don't know what they are doing and should all be fired!!

I will be the one who bites the bullet and says that I have very little problem with it if they don't make any additional moves. The lack of payroll flexibility, the lack of prospect resources - all of those things are true and worth making a stink over, but those fights don't change the fact that the white sox aren't in a good position to make very many moves right now. 

24 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Rick Hahn reminds me of GarPax. "Hey, we gave it an honest try", but in the end, overvaluing his own players, signing second rate stars or acquiring over the hill folks (I didn't like the Lynn deal the day it happened tbh) and you hear more about what they tried, and not about what they actually did.

Jerry has a type. And it's sad to see.

Jerry = Butters

Rick = Sally

Just now, Balta1701 said:

I will be the one who bites the bullet and says that I have very little problem with it if they don't make any additional moves. The lack of payroll flexibility, the lack of prospect resources - all of those things are true and worth making a stink over, but those fights don't change the fact that the white sox aren't in a good position to make very many moves right now. 

Agreed but you sure as shit better fire people after the season ends.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If the Sox really do come through the trade deadline with Jake Diekman as their main piece, this franchise gets everything they deserve from the fan base.  Ever since the day that they decided that Tony LaRussa was the finishing piece for this franchise, they have completely ignored the fan base in everything they do.  Hopefully the chants fill the stadium and continue to embarrass the franchise on a daily basis.

can't wait for the post deadline press conference where Hahn ensures us "sometimes, its about moves you don't make"

• Haha 1