Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Disagree with anyone says 'Stand pat and wait until the offseason". You don't need to. Grandal is not going to get better (didn't like that deal and was outspoken when it happened). Lynn is going to be 35 IIRC. Usually, old pitchers don't get better while getting older. You're wasting Abreu's career away. Could've dealt him to the Padres.

Can't wait for the "When we get Robert back, we're getting an all star. And Eloy is still coming back to form. And Grandal is about to get hot. And once Giolito gets right, just watch".

Hahn misallocated funds from the beginning, as well as assets. Don't want to deal Colson? I get it, but then deal Yoan Moncada. 

Expecting them to sell was unrealistic, even if it was the correct course of action.  This was the best case realistic scenario. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rowand44 said:

So I do get the idea of standing pat cause this team sucks but what’s the end game there?  There’s just no direction at that point.  

Maybe they recognize they failed last offseason and that they need to deal a bat in the offseason, retool and sign a top tier free agent? I am struggling with figuring out the end game too.

Maybe they acknowledge they can’t overtake the Twins and Guardians and don’t have the talent that teams like the Padres do.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Expecting them to sell was unrealistic, even if it was the correct course of action.  This was the best case realistic scenario. 

No. Shutting down guys who you flat out are telling not to run hard to not get further injured, and at least playing young guys in their proper positions. Or getting some defenders on the team. Or bullpen help and not bullpen hurt (like Kelly). How about a left handed at bat?

If we're talking about realistic, it's either sell off or stand pat. I'll take sell off.