Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

Just now, chw42 said:

Haha that'll be good. 

All we'll need is the Hahn breakdown and to shave his head like Paxson. Once he got two tough questions in a row, he'd shut down and go off. I also don't know why people are blaming KW. He's the antithesis of Hahn. He would've made a ton of moves to help the team. Sox needed some invigoration at the very least to have a chance. A guy like Joc Pederson definitely would've been that. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

The press conference being at 530 tells me Rick is done. 

Probably, but does he normally have a press conference to say nothing he did on deadline day?  Usually he just has Merkin tweet something about the Sox not liking the prices and feeling good about what they have.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Probably, but does he normally have a press conference to say nothing he did on deadline day?  Usually he just has Merkin tweet something about the Sox not liking the prices and feeling good about what they have.

He's gonna try to save face and say they tried but nothing worked out. 

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If you were going to standpoint, we should have sold off short-term pieces and relievers.  Why is Cueto here if we aren’t even trying to do anything but squeak by into a short playoff series? 

Are you saying the organizational philosophy of "hope to be good enough" doesn't inspire you?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Not doing jack shit is disappointing in the sense that 2022 was supposed to be the prime contending part of our window.

However, it's probably the right thing to do given the team's chances this year.

There is no chance they can win the WS this year. I am disappointed they only made one trade, but I don’t know realistically who they would have gotten to make the club better. Soto was a pipe dream. They didn’t get any of the starting pitchers they needed. They could have added an arm, but what sense does that make without a bat?

5 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Disagree with anyone says 'Stand pat and wait until the offseason". You don't need to. Grandal is not going to get better (didn't like that deal and was outspoken when it happened). Lynn is going to be 35 IIRC. Usually, old pitchers don't get better while getting older. You're wasting Abreu's career away. Could've dealt him to the Padres.

Can't wait for the "When we get Robert back, we're getting an all star. And Eloy is still coming back to form. And Grandal is about to get hot. And once Giolito gets right, just watch".

Hahn misallocated funds from the beginning, as well as assets. Don't want to deal Colson? I get it, but then deal Yoan Moncada. 

They weren’t going to deal Abreu. I remain concerned that Grandal and Lynn are underperforming and could be in decline as they age, but what is going to fix that? How would they be able to deal Moncada with how he is hitting and what he is making? You do make a valid point about the excuses, I have been waiting for them to flip their performance and they haven’t. They almost won’t be able to in time given the moves the Twins made.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Maybe he's going to resign. 🙏 🙏 🙏

• Like 2