Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I don't know how they looked at the corner outfield spots and thought "this is fine". 

Not even doing the minimum and getting a rental there is a huge failure. 

To be fair, I don’t know how they looked at the corner outfield spots going into this season thinking “this is fine.”

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

To be fair, I don’t know how they looked at the corner outfield spots going into this season thinking “this is fine.”

Getting any kind of production from RF is basically an impossible task for Rick Hahn. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

After as bad of an off-season as you could have imagined - which was obvious to even the most casual baseball fans - the White Sox do nothing at the trade deadline.

This from the organization that talked so much about supplementing this group the past two off-seasons. Taking advantage of the window. Going for the title.

Since the Trade Deadline of last year, Rick Hahn has been worse at his job than if we installed my dog as GM and told him to step on the face of the floor mat of the guys he wanted to sign or acquire. It's honestly hard to believe how bad Hahn has been. This is what we spent years losing for.

So this idiot can make terrible trades, evaluate MLB talent as if he was blind and deaf, and never spend on premium talent. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“Rick Hahn expressed optimism during the post deadline press conference, stating he thought ‘The Minnesota Twins put themselves in a position to compete with the Chicago White Sox…’ further claiming that the organization, ‘believes in the capabilities of their roster as it returns to full strength.’”

• Like 1

Just now, Jerksticks said:

You know what, maybe this is best.  They have way more bullets to fire this offseason.  I just wish we still had Rodon for the playoffs

In hindsight, paying Kimbrel the buy out and offering Rodon at least the QO would have been the best move, whether he accepted or not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

You know what, maybe this is best.  They have way more bullets to fire this offseason.  I just wish we still had Rodon for the playoffs

LOL, you could be punched in the face and then shot by Rick Hahn and you'd still say "It was probably the best choice Hahn could make. I left him no chance."

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Hahn's going to say they didn't have any money. 

Because he lit 40 million on fire this offseason signing:

2 utility guys
A non-competitive "starting pitcher"
2 bullpen guys who couldn't pitcher b2b days (one who was hurt)

Amazing when you think about. Hahn would rather spend $40 on 5 piles of shit than $40 on one delicious pizza.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Because he lit 40 million on fire this offseason signing:

2 utility guys
A non-competitive "starting pitcher"
2 bullpen guys who couldn't pitcher b2b days (one who was hurt)

Amazing when you think about. Hahn would rather spend $40 on 5 piles of shit than $40 on one delicious pizza.

Agreed.