Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

20 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

If you read James Fegan from today, it seems as if Joc Pederson and Andrew Chafin were targets. No idea why or how they couldn’t consummate those deals 

Money?  

I suppose if you are offering non-prospects and no money it might be tough to get it done? 

Because I'd assume that picking up the remainder of '22 should have been attractive to both SF and DET.

8 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

Money?  

I suppose if you are offering non-prospects and no money it might be tough to get it done? 

Because I'd assume that picking up the remainder of '22 should have been attractive to both SF and DET.

SF doesn't care that much about money as talent return.

Detroit more complicated, but the Guardians dealt Sandy Leon to their rival the Twins so anything is possible with a mutual interest/benefit in mind.

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So they traded for a guy without a vax agreement playing half of his games in Canada?  Wow, what a fumble.

They made the deal last minute. They probably thought there's no way this guy won't take half his paycheck. 

The Red Sox just DFA'd JBJ. He's obviously bad at the plate (except against us apparently), but he'd probably be the 2nd best defensive OFer on the team.

Nobody will claim him but if the Red Sox release him he'd be a cheap pick up. 

25 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The Red Sox just DFA'd JBJ. He's obviously bad at the plate (except against us apparently), but he'd probably be the 2nd best defensive OFer on the team.

Nobody will claim him but if the Red Sox release him he'd be a cheap pick up. 

He'd be worth it just a guy who can actually play defense.

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The problem at this point is that Sheets is the only position player who can realistically be sent down, and with Grandal and Moncada not being reliable you actually need Sheets' bat in the lineup. if you're not willing to DFA Engel, there's really no room for a waiver claim.

1 minute ago, CentralChamps21 said:

The problem at this point is that Sheets is the only position player who can realistically be sent down, and with Grandal and Moncada not being reliable you actually need Sheets' bat in the lineup. if you're not willing to DFA Engel, there's really no room for a waiver claim.

If Robert is playing, Sheets isn't going to be in the line up anyway.  

14 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Gavin's month-by-month splits aren't good enough for me to worry about this.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

SF doesn't care that much about money as talent return.

Detroit more complicated, but the Guardians dealt Sandy Leon to their rival the Twins so anything is possible with a mutual interest/benefit in mind.

James was asking how the deals couldn't have gotten done.

Both teams would have traded either player for the money remaining due to them and a "save face" nothing prospect or if they had to pick up the money then they'd want a real prospect in return.  

The Sox either weren't interested or didn't offer either the money or a player.  

Joc Pederson I guess is a better option than Sheets, but he's just another DH masquerading as an awful corner OF.  I really don't think he would have been a very good fit.  Assuming the team is healthy, I guess you could turn Pollock into a straight weakside platoon bat to get Joc OF starts against RHP...but yeah, I just....am not that disappointed we didn't get him . 

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

An outfield of Eloy, Robert, and JBJ or Pollock, Robert, and JBJ is better than what we have now.  I don't see the Sox picking him up, though, especially considering they'd have to do something with Sheets or Engel.

Braves are quite the opportunists.

They get a solid starter from the Astros for a struggling reliever.  And they get Iglesias from the Angels for basically nothing in terms of players but they do have a significant contractual obligation; but not terribly risky, as  Iglesias has never had a bad season.

22 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Braves are quite the opportunists.

They get a solid starter from the Astros for a struggling reliever.  And they get Iglesias from the Angels for basically nothing in terms of players but they do have a significant contractual obligation; but not terribly risky, as  Iglesias has never had a bad season.

Yeah I'd say AA is pretty good at trade deadlines.