Trade Deadline Predictions Thread

Chicago White Sox

24 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I’m ok with them not gutting the system if we are simply talking rentals. If they are gonna pull off a trade like that I’d rather it be in the off-season when they aren’t trying to win the division and it’s easier to supplement your moves through FA.

One would think.

"Hold my beer." -Rick Hahn

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

We can ride with what we have at SP. Cease and Cueto as the top two. With Kopech, Lynn and Giolito as the bottom 3. Our biggest priority should be a LH bat that can hit righties and the bullpen. 

How many more innings are you planning on getting out of Kopech? 

1 hour ago, GREEDY said:

How many more innings are you planning on getting out of Kopech? 

You have a good point there, maybe not that much since we don’t have his workload close to where it should be for a starter. Who would you see them acquiring though because it sounds like they don’t like how the market is going for SP’s?

Edited by maloney.adam

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

My guesses:

Gallo, Givens and Matt Moore.

Best guesses at returns:

Joey Gallo +$1M for Kohl Simas

Givens for Jason Bilous + Seby Zavala 

Matt Moore for Luis Mieses 

There's just no way you can give up anything of value for Joey Gallo. The Yankees have no leverage here, I wouldn't take him unless he was free.

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

There's just no way you can give up anything of value for Joey Gallo. The Yankees have no leverage here, I wouldn't take him unless he was free.

Well it sounds like a handful of teams are interested, so you're going to have to give up something.  

A low level pitching prospect rated between 20-30 in a bottom 5 farm system in the game that is widely considered pretty terrible after the top 15 or so isn't very much.  

But yeah, I mean I'd acquire him for less if possible. 

The Chicago White Sox acquired Joey Gallo and immediately put him in as their starting catcher.

They then acquired Juan Soto, converting him to a starting pitcher who never hits.

After this, they acquired Montas and put him in their bullpen as their long relief mop up dude.

Once all of these genius moves transpired they picked up Ozzie Smith and put him in right field.

1 hour ago, T R U said:

The leverage is other teams want him . Nothing much probably ends up being given up for him but it will be probably higher than you think.

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The leverage is other teams want him . Nothing much probably ends up being given up for him but it will be probably higher than you think.

And if that's the case, I don't want any part of it. At least not for Gallo.