7/27 Sox @ Rockies 2:10 CST

Vote4Pedro

4 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Shhhhhhhhhh Tony might hear you, after all he played Fisk in LF, Fisk had rarely played outfield before and was there for only 31 games, during which he made 4 errors.

Didn't Hawk make him play Fisk there?

Just now, caulfield12 said:

We are getting from Cueto what we expected from Gio, or vice versa.

Parkman hasn't asserted we should  decline arbitration to him quite yet, though.

You can't nontender Gio. There's no path to a winning team without him. You have to count on him getting back to his better self.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Did you even see his last start against Cleveland ?

Yes, I watched that game. Lynn still sucks, and he was still throwing 90-92 mph for a large portion of that game. 

Just because Cleveland didn't hit him that day, doesn't really mean anything. Giolito has had good starts too. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, ron883 said:

Shhh, remember everything is Tony's fault.

But yes, it was Hawk and evidence that the two couldn't work together. 

Just now, ron883 said:

I guess so according to another poster, I thought it was Tony.  Watching Moneyball recently and Billy Bean didn't have control over who Art Howe put in the line-up and I can't believe Tony wouldn't have fought hard if he was against it. After all it was 31 games and 4 errors.

sometimes Giolito gets out of sync with his mechanics, then he gets in sync with his mechanics. Seems bizarre to throw the spider tack stuff in (it's the new steroids bullshit of this board, and I remember when CEASE was the spidertack accused).

Last year in the first half he had a 4 era. In the second, a 2.65 era. He's having a bad stretch. He's our new konerko. And just like with konerko, with every extended slump this board will claim he's about to be DFAd.

• Like 2