7/27 Sox @ Rockies 2:10 CST

Vote4Pedro

1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Careful what you wish for because Eloy would have never gotten to that ball hit in the gap that AJ caught last night.

We need runners that can actually run the bases, instead we move along runners one base at a time with all our DH's seemingly running in quicksand.

TA went from first to third in 10.1 seconds in last Saturday's night game.  We're lucky if half our runners can make it from home to first in under 10 seconds.

Bring back Billy Hamilton, we should have never let him go because he can provide the outfield defense and speed this team is lacking.

Not only should the Sox spare no reasonable trade offer to procure the Billy Hamilton or another actually capable outfielder.

Perhaps they should also go after speedster Dan Vogelbock, who made it from second to home in eight seconds during his Mets debut.

Also showed his plus speed with Pittsburgh.

#TeamOldSlowFragileLikeTheirDinosaurManager

#YouOldFossilYou

#FireTony

#StartBustingYourAssesWhiteSox

16 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

• DH C Grandal
  • DH Sheets
  • DH Vaughn
  • DH Eloy
  • C McGwire
  • C Zavala
  • DH Burger (Top current AAA player)

This is all on Hahn. McGwire is the only acquisition post Tony’s hire, and also the only player who can field their defensive position on at least a league average / capable basis.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

37 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Not only should the Sox spare no reasonable trade offer to procure the Billy Hamilton or another actually capable outfielder.

Perhaps they should also go after speedster Dan Vogelbock, who made it from second to home in eight seconds during his Mets debut.

Also showed his plus speed with Pittsburgh.

#TeamOldSlowFragileLikeTheirDinosaurManager

#YouOldFossilYou

#FireTony

#StartBustingYourAssesWhiteSox

I corrected my post TA went from first to home in 10.1 seconds, still 8 seconds from second to home is impressive for Vogelbach.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
sp

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:
  • DH C Grandal
  • DH Sheets
  • DH Vaughn
  • DH Eloy
  • C McGwire
  • C Zavala

This is all on Hahn. McGwire is the only acquisition post Tony’s hire, and also the only player who can field a defensive on at least a league average capable basis among the seven.

White Sox don't put an emphasis on defense, just rock em sock em out of the park DH's, only problem is our DH's don't hit the ball out of the park often enough to keep four to five of them on the roster

8 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:
  • DH C Grandal
  • DH Sheets
  • DH Vaughn
  • DH Eloy
  • C McGwire
  • C Zavala

This is all on Hahn. McGwire is the only acquisition post Tony’s hire, and also the only player who can field their defensive position on at least a league average / capable basis.

Also DH Abreu

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I corrected my post TR went from first to home in 10.1 seconds, still 8 seconds from second to home is impressive for Vogelbach.

Vogelbach had a similar pace first to home on the second video.

He has a 2 Statcast Sprint Speed, but goes max effort and pays attention to the play in front of him, which puts him in the top half if he was on the White Sox.

8 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:
  • DH C Grandal
  • DH Sheets
  • DH Vaughn
  • DH Eloy
  • C McGwire
  • C Zavala

There needs to be a roster re-shape next week.  Grab your sack, Rick Hahn.  We need some athletes.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Also DH Abreu

Yes, those 2020 defensive gains under Rick evaporated under Tony.

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/jose-abreu/15676/stats?position=1B

Don’t think Abreu would have ever reached MVP status if he played under Tony his entire career. Take it easy is the driving mantra the past two seasons, and that isn’t going to change until there is a manager change. Nobody is being challenged, pushed to give their best.

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, those 2020 defensive gains under Rick evaporated under Tony.

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/jose-abreu/15676/stats?position=1B

Don’t think Abreu would have ever reached MVP status if he played under Tony his entire career. Take it easy is the driving mantra the past two seasons, and that isn’t going to change until there is a manager change. Nobody is being challenged, pushed to give their best.

Might have just been SSS. 

1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

You planning on aggressively "not-watching" this game too?

I've been back home about a week after six weeks on the road. Still haven't turned on the TV. I'm not certain I want a 2022 Sox game to be the first thing I watch. Perhaps a nice Stephen King movie. 

I have a dentist appointment today at 4:00. I'm looking forward to that more than the next Tony screw up or hamstring pull.