List of best hitters vs. RHP in 2022 that are somewhat available

bmags

imo you can either fix the logjam of positionless players or fix the RHP-hitting deficiencies, but you can't do both cheaply.

You can go Bell, or you can go a Laureano-ish type player.

Otherwise you shop for a Reynolds.

34 minutes ago, bmags said:

imo you can either fix the logjam of positionless players or fix the RHP-hitting deficiencies, but you can't do both cheaply.

You can go Bell, or you can go a Laureano-ish type player.

Otherwise you shop for a Reynolds.

You don't like Happ or think he'll be too costly from the Sox perspective ?

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You don't like Happ or think he'll be too costly from the Sox perspective ?

hard to know much as fans but happ feels like a guy we'll have to pay a dollar for .75

12 minutes ago, bmags said:

hard to know much as fans but happ feels like a guy we'll have to pay a dollar for .75

That's fair. I just feel it's vitally important to get an everyday guy who can play against LH and RHP along with Wendel as the strong side of a platoon w/ Big Energy.

Get that pitcher moving around on the rubber and throwing to both sides of the plate. Too RH and its just easier for a pitcher to get into a groove throwing 70% of the time to RHH. If it's 50/50 balanced I think the likelihood of mistakes to all hitters is higher especially when there are productive LHH. Or you can group a bunch of lefties against a RHP without saying 1/2 of them are non productive. (Leury, Sheets, McGuire 1st half Grandal and Moncada)

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Obviously the cost for each player will be different, but I'd be willing to pay up for Happ or Reynolds. Each of those 2 would start to solve so many issues for this years team and next seasons as well. I'd be fine with targeting someone like Naquin, but I think his floor is a lot lower than Happ or Reynolds, and then the Sox would be back in the same position again this winter of needing a LH OF bat.

One guy could've been on the list. There is talk from the fans and media that Anthony Santander might be available. The orioles have a prospect Kyle Stowers waiting for Santander to step aside.

He leads the Orioles in just about every offensive category and he would be on top of your list with a 158 wRC+ against RHP. Despite all that he's just a bad RF and can only manage a 1.3 fWar despite all the offensive heroics. He's also not a free agent til 2025.

But if you can going to keep throwing Sheets out there in RF then Santander is a big upgrade.

15 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

One guy could've been on the list. There is talk from the fans and media that Anthony Santander might be available. The orioles have a prospect Kyle Stowers waiting for Santander to step aside.

He leads the Orioles in just about every offensive category and he would be on top of your list with a 158 wRC+ against RHP. Despite all that he's just a bad RF and can only manage a 1.3 fWar despite all the offensive heroics. He's also not a free agent til 2025.

But if you can going to keep throwing Sheets out there in RF then Santander is a big upgrade.

That would be nice, I did not include any orioles and they have had such a great outfield this year. He'd be a great fit offensively, and defensively, since we don't care about defense.

47 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So he’s basically Kyle Schwarber but younger, much cheaper, more flexible defensively, and cost controlled longer. People here should love him and I’m not opposed to the idea either.