This is the Dumbest Team in Baseball

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, Tony said:

You proposed the bet. 

Okay, here’s the bet…which would actually be interesting at least.

You can pick anyone you want on the Sox, Abreu, Robert, Vaughn, etc.

I will take Tatis, who arguably won’t be back until August 11th through the 15th.

Total RBI’s by your Sox player of choice vs. Tatis Jr. starting from August 1st through Game 162.  Tatis could break his wrist again or pop his shoulder socket out of joint yet again and I’m pretty much done for, right?  Especially with your choice having such a head start.  In fact, if you were THAT confident, you’d start the official RBI counting August 15th or 16th, haha.  But I will leave it set at August 1st since the Padres’ offense is much more likely to add one more offensive piece than the Sox due to scarcity and opportunity cost factors.

You win, I will leave SoxTalk until TLR or Hahn is fired and/or resigns, whichever comes first.

You lose, and have to admit you were wrong and also award Ron 1,000 emoji likes, that’s it.

Sounds like fun.

Edited by caulfield12

17 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Okay, here’s the bet…which would actually be interesting at least.

You can pick anyone you want on the Sox, Abreu, Robert, Vaughn, etc.

I will take Tatis, who arguably won’t be back until August 11th through the 15th.

Total RBI’s by your Sox player of choice vs. Tatis Jr. starting from August 1st through Game 162.  Tatis could break his wrist again or pop his shoulder socket out of joint yet again and I’m pretty much done for, right?  Especially with your choice having such a head start.  In fact, if you were THAT confident, you’d start the official RBI counting August 15th or 16th, haha.  But I will leave it set at August 1st since the Padres’ offense is much more likely to add one more offensive piece than the Sox due to scarcity and opportunity cost factors.

You win, I will leave SoxTalk until TLR or Hahn is fired and/or resigns, whichever comes first.

You lose, and have to admit you were wrong and also award Ron 1,000 emoji likes, that’s it.

Sounds like fun.

I honestly don’t know what happened to your brain 

• Fire 3

2 hours ago, Tony said:

I honestly don’t know what happened to your brain 

The Anderson bet is dumb.  He will end up serving 4 games and we’ll have to hear all offseason that it would have made a major difference had he actually been on the field when TLR has rested an athlete in the prime of his career too many times to count already.

I don’t know what’s wrong with the moderators.  It was a lot more interesting when it was everyone against Balta.

Now it’s just on ongoing lamentation when most of us saw this coming a mile away. Today, we have mods saying they’re so tired of this shit they’d rather cheer for the Astros or just ignore the Sox completely for high school golf.  What does that tell you?  I’m also worried for Texsox because he’s deliberately posting the opposite of what he has preached for ages and ages.  It’s like the Twilight Zone. 

At least I have consistently been anti-Hahn from Day 1.  Unfortunately it took a full decade for everyone else to throw in the towel.

Really, they might have managed to destroy the future of White Sox baseball in Chicago.  That’s how badly they have alienated their fanbase with one wrong move after another, starting with TLR. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Hawk 1

On 7/30/2022 at 12:47 AM, caulfield12 said:

Anyone want to bet Anderson suspension appealed and then they start poorly with Leury the first week of April, 2023?

On 7/30/2022 at 1:20 AM, Tony said:

Sure. Ban bet?

When would you like this to start, @caulfield12

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1