7/29 Athletics @ White Sox 7:10 PM CDT NBCSCH

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Or they’re just incredibly overrated.  Grandal has gotten some cheap hits but he looks to have the power of McGuire now.

I actually still believe in the players.  It’s possible Grandal’s lower body is giving out on him, but there is still plenty of talent here.  It’s just a shitty organization from top to bottom, with Hahn & Tony’s incompetence really killing us.  I’ll keep saying it, but fire Rick and replace him with a quality baseball guy at the top and we’re immediately odds-on favorites to win the Central IMO.

Just now, fathom said:

I still feel like this team misses Burger’s bat (DH?).  He has tons of flaws, but he single-handedly won this team a few games.  That’s a lot more than I can say for some of these “stars”.

It's impossible to find AB's for him at DH when Eloy, Vaughn, & Grandal all can't regularly play the field. It's a poorly constructed roster so as a result I think he'll get squeezed out of deserved playing time.

5 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Hahn or someone needs to go into the clubhouse and tell these guys that if they don’t start picking it up they will be traded. Something to light a fire under them. 

They already did this with KW…they need to fire Tony and find a hitting coach whose philosophy isn’t “fuck the HR”.

• Thanks 2

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

It's impossible to find AB's for him at DH when Eloy, Vaughn, & Grandal all can't regularly play the field. It's a poorly constructed roster so as a result I think he'll get squeezed out of deserved playing time.

Agreed

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Now more digs at Stone never paying for anything despite being worth $20-25 million...probably underestimating.

Maybe he's like Jack Benny where it's his sticht.  In real life, apparently there was not a more generous man than Benny. 

11 minutes ago, flavum said:

True. I’m just frustrated with this season, these players, and how there was no urgency at all on Day 1.

TLR has not shown any sense of urgency this whole season.  More worried about resting key players and playing scrubs like Leury than going all out to win games.  TLR has been setting the no sense of urgency tone.

Just now, hankchifan said:

TLR has not shown any sense of urgency this whole season.  More worried about resting key players and playing scrubs like Leury than going all out to win games.  TLR has been setting the no sense of urgency tone.

It’s not a good look when two of the clubhouse leaders admit they were overconfident 

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Lance's stuff has been pretty good tonight but ultimately 3 ER in 5 IP against the A's isn't good enough.

Shouldn’t be an automatic loss, but these guys feel like they’ve given up.

They better get a run this inning and shift some momentum back our way.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Hahn or someone needs to go into the clubhouse and tell these guys that if they don’t start picking it up they will be traded. Something to light a fire under them. 

Maybe they want to be traded, they know this is one screwed up organization. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Shouldn’t be an automatic loss, but these guys feel like they’ve given up.

They better get a run this inning and shift some momentum back our way.

Not getting at least 1 run 2nd time through against a pitcher this bad would be inexcusable.

• Like 1